Head Repair

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Policy Peddler, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Policy Peddler

It seems a lot of posts we see are either questions or derogatory about companies. Here is a post of a different type.

Last summer I broke a intake valve in #5 and it proceeded to beat the crap out of the inside of the head until the valve went back out the intake runner!!!!!!!!!!! Pieces went into number 7 & 8 cylinders~~~!!

I felt the head was junk.

Billy Leverentz at Oddy's automotive looked at the head and said "no problem".
    He repaired the head very reasonable and it looked like new, identical to the non-damaged cylinders.

The repaired cylinder is on the left.

[​IMG]

2. PM 3570

PM 3570 New Member

Billy is one of the best, reasonable priced,
    and an allout nice guy.

Try to find one like that !

3. Harrytrans

Harrytrans New Member

Billy's

I had the pleasure to work with Billy several years ago when jim still owned the shop.After a disagreement with jim (imagine that) billy straightened out the problem. I think he would do better if he renamed the shop to "Billys" thanks harry

4. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Old Veney heads

I've got a set of early Veney billet single plug fuel heads that are bad enough all around that Hebe doesn't want Veney's name on them any longer. No major damage, just enough little crap that they are almost not worth fixing. The problem is that without the heads it leaves me stuck with the matching pieces that don't work with later heads, like valve covers, manifold, rocker stands. I sure hate to lose them. Wonder of he would be willing to give these a shot on an as available basis as fill in work. There sure isn't any hurry to get them back, since I just bought a set of AJPE heads.:rolleyes:

5. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

I always use Steve at Total Flow for head work. he is a very friendly guy and understands what you have is all you have. he has worked on many different type of heads. you can't go wrong with him in my opinion.

6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

X2 for Stevie;)

7. Policy Peddler

I am pretty confident Billy can help you, reasonably.

8. John byob

John byob Member

D u still have ur heads and parts thx