Got a data logger question.

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bantam5826, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Bantam5826

Bantam5826 New Member

Obviously there is a good price difference between Racepac and Computech data loggers. Can anybody tell me how the computech data loggers are?? Thanks

2. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Data Logger

Hi,

Not sure on the computech but I run the RPM Data Logger and it is awesome, the connections are not quite as pretty as racepac's but are just as functional and cost considerably less. The system holds up great in blown alcohol cars and if nothing else this may give you another option.

Not to mention Randy has the best customer service in the industry.

http://www.rpmperf.com/

Hope it helps,
    Trevor Sherwood

3. bandit496

bandit496 Member

I agree on the RPM although I haven't used anything else to compare it to. Money spent was very well worth it. JW

4. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I assume you guys are boosted?

Are you using EGTs?

What diameter, 3/16 or 1/8?

Fast response thin wire style?

Do you use O2 sensor?

DO you also read plugs, do they match what the data logger is saying?

5. JimW

JimW Member

I use a data logger sold by Mike Janis called, data clutch.

Very easy to use and a bit cheaper than race pack.

Someone was helping me with my data that had a lot of race pack knowledge and said the Data Clutch was much easier to use.

Data Clutch is the brain child of Bob Gittere and when you call Data Clutch the guy who you are talking to is the guy who built the entire system!!!

You can reach Bob at 716-491-5315

Tell him Jim Weltman said to call.

Jim

6. Nitro Madness

Nitro Madness Super Comp

Another vote for RPM - I've had their system for several years and it works great.....no better customer service than Randy!!

7. overkill69

overkill69 Member

Rpm

RPM =best bang for the buck

8. Bantam5826

Bantam5826 New Member

I don't have a datalogger yet, just in the market for one and will be using egts and yes running a blower

9. Bantam5826

Bantam5826 New Member

Rpm

RPM wins, just ordered it. Thanks guys

10. Nitro Diver

Nitro Diver Member

Has anybody else had trouble getting the fuel flow meter to work on there RPM logger? We've been using one for 18months now and its been great other than not being able to get the flow meter to work

11. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

Do you have the K factor of your flow meter ? If your data logger doesn't know what the mechanical to electrical signal means is it is just garbage in. You get the K factor by sending the meter to someone like Flow Technology. They repair and flow the flow meter and you get a spec sheet. I have bought several used meters and have gone through this process for both Computec and Racepak. Maybe a real expert from one of the dataloggers will answer this better than I can.

12. Blownbudget

Blownbudget Member

Big yes to the rpm system,we run one on our tad over here in the uk,we added a flow meter for the past season,it was a used meter,we contacted the manufacturer after talking to randy,the company emailed us the calibration spec etc which we fowarded to randy,he then sent us out the extension module and loom,we fitted it then spoke to randy over the phone and he talked us through it,works great along with the rest of the logger

13. Nitro Diver

Nitro Diver Member

By extension module do you mean the frequency convertor or am I missing a piece of the puzzle?

14. 32 bantam

32 bantam Member

Rpm ......................

15. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

used them all..love RPM

16. Scotttrod

Scotttrod Member

I have a Power Grid

Which system is the most user friendly with the Grid? I am having a terrible time getting the data off the SD card. And need to integrate with Davis too, I now see where the traction control is on/off, that is about it.

17. tcarr

tcarr Member

Racepak, the blue round connector on the grind is a racepak connector, plug it into your racepak system and boom, everything the msd controls is now in your data file

18. sune

sune Member

This is the reason i chose to buy the more expensive racepak system over a rpm. My thinking was that if i am going to spend the money on a datalogger, then i want it to log as much as possible. I also bought and installed the smartwire which also works with racepak over v-net. So now i am able to use every input from the datalogger and the msd grid to control any electirical input or output on the car. It even has the ability to do logic programming. An added bonus is not a single relay or fuse in the car anymore. Yes it is more expensive but it adds loads of functionality and options.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014