Give the blown cars more BLOWER! Immediately!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

Thats what we're talking about,slowing down a/fuelers. The 1% didn't do any slowing.Cut the percentage one 1 point at each National untill there's parity.
    Why make all the blowers out there obsulete just so the a/fuel guys are comfortable!

2. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

yes

Finally. someone gets the picture! It seems like 1% at a time don't work, lets go to the original idea-- slow them down. If it hurts that much, give it back. What a joke-- 1% at a time? Wasn't the class top alcohol. Now A-Fool .Let's look at getting the class closer, not spreading it further apart. Does everyone need an advantage to win. I guess it's about time to quit, because we have spent our money on a loser.I had a say-so to keep the a fuel cars. I thought it was a good idea for the class. But it seems like no-one likes to race where everyone has a equal chance.That being said maybe. One class called A fuel. and lets all be happy.I guess it's it's time to change the class to fools and lets all have a good time . Why call the class top alcohol when there won't be any left soon?1% at a time is to hard to take? To much time and work to figure it out? We all want to race-- lets come up with an idea to bring it closer.
    If not this cass will loose it's identity for which makes it good. Like they say when you get older move on. Maybe stick a fork in it the class might die . Deversity is what kept the class alive. Just thought's from a has been.

3. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

AHHH!!! I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

4. spacone

spacone New Member

Lets look at this as drag racers, My definition of drag racing, Pick a class, then spend YOUR money, (If your lucky your sponsors) go from point A to point B as quick and as fast as you can. YEPIIIIII !!! i`am fast, I can win a championship,,,,,,competitors definition HEY HES TO FAST I CAN`T DO THAT, Hey NHRA you gotsta put an anchor on that car, Political correctness hits drag racing:eek:

5. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: that right, a joke

the joke is making changes every year. all the hair dryer clan should get a taste of it for a few years. us a/foolers just race by the rules given to us. It was our choice to run the yellow juice. i think in the pro comp days inject nitro was a choice. that hasnt changed. HOW COME US A/FOOLER HAVENT LOBBIED FOR A NAME CHANGE. TAD?? IM HURT.

6. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

Yea lets take the proven combo and try to make it as fickel as the a/fuel combo. Now that would be the fair thing to do. :rolleyes:

7. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

I think Mike has a little more experience than you with rule changes and weight breaks.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  8. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: clue me in

can you explain this all to me. not having the experience, i would like to know

9. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

I would agreed with Pat.

10. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

I guess that makes Mrs. Reichert not a true racer.

11. Dean Adams

Lets see, Dave's been running an AFD for about 10 years now which means he's seen probably five weight break changes. I'd say that gives him plenty of experience on this topic.

12. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Your point? Plenty of experience, I might agree but -

Lets see, Mike has been running Alcohol Dragsters for 25 years or more and as Pat stated probably has more experience with rule changes.

13. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Shocked!!!!!

I was really shocked to read Wills picks for Vegas. Six of eight blown cars. Whats up here????:eek:

14. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

A better statement might be that Dave started racing A fuel ten years ago, not racing for 10 years... Now Mike has been racing since the beginning of time and has raced all those years inbetween the beginning of time and now...

I believe that Mike was on the weekly rule change plan back in the day... What the Afueler's are going through today does not compare...

15. Dean Adams

Dan,

I was on a blown alcohol crew thirty years ago, had the world by the throat at the Winternationals. By April our combo had been all but ruled out. OK, so when it comes to NHRA and their rules, lots of people know the score.

tjenna,

Here’s my point, it’s time to stop punishing the AFDs for hauling ass. You want to stay in the game, go faster. If that means another rule change is required - ‘C’ blower, more OD, whatever - then that’s the way it should be done.

16. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: very intelligent

pat and tjenna are right. i wont have as much experience as mike since he is 20 + years older than me, which means he has been racing prob 20+ years more than me, which means he has seen more changes than me. THATS VERY CORRECT. so that meens the a/foolers should lower the persentage?

17. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

If that is the conclusion you want to make that is perfectly fine.

My point was that Mike has went through many rule changes too and your post made it seem that only the afools have dealt with rule changes.

18. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Dean,

I don't disagree.

And if the blown cars end up with a noticeable advantage then something should be done again. Of course rule changes cost money etc.

But actuallly, I would rather see drastic changes made to make the class more affordable.

Tjenna

19. rickc

rickc New Member

solution

run all the races at vegas

20. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Here we go again

Check out the qualifying at Vegas. The weather is perfect 73 deg. 30% hum. 3300 ft altitude. 26 cars entered. Top qualifier after two rounds 5.38 blown car, guess who? Top nitro car # 12 qualifier. Three AFD in the field so far. Guess all those AFD tuners went brain dead since last week!!!!! My last post on this subject thank you.