Edelbrock Data Logger System Information

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Blown540, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Blown540

Blown540 Blown Alcohol Dragster

I would like help on the Edelbrock Data Logger Part #91004 from anyone using it. Have you had good luck or service with it and do you recommend it. THANK YOU for your help and recommendations.

2. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

Eldelbrock data logger

Blown540
    What is your application, If you have a mag,and some boast, the system will not record all of the time, it does not have the shielding that is needed for this kind of cyclinder pressure, RPM makes a very nice unit and Randy knows what he is talking about 316 542 9869, it is not that much more $
    good luck

3. overkill69

overkill69 Member

Edelbrock

We have an Edelbrock that has been failing to record runs. It seemed ok until we turned up the mag and boost...hmmm????

4. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I've seen high boost, 50ish psi, work fine with Edelbrock, but I know they had to switch to MSD mags vs Mallory SMIV's to make it work.:confused:
    Likely from the resistence plugs wires.

Datacollection, we use Performance Trends, excellent people to work with. Some of them used to work for Kippley building among other things, blown alky motors. Kippley now works for Greg Anderson, I think.

www.performancetrends.com

5. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

I had fits with mine, would only record partial and sometimes not at all. Some computor people were telling me what to do to correct the problem, but I kept on doing the same things and being fustrated. I finally gave in and did what they said, relocate the main unit away from all ignition wires. So I did that..........it nows works great and records just like it's suppose too:rolleyes:....go figure. It's kinda the deal were if all things fail...read the instructions:eek:.

Blessings........Ron Clevenger.

6. craig moss

craig moss Member

rf interference

the ignition system can make electronics do some crazy shit I got a red alert ggt set up in a boat it would not work at alllll until I changed to spiral msd wires I was running a super mag then it worked fine it is all about shielding of the wires just like if I fire up the tig the intercom from the house to the shop goes nuts you would thing that technology could overcome this prob :cool:

7. quick cut

quick cut Member

Data logger

I have one in a 6.5 208 mpa KB Pro mag Funny car Works Ok. But I don,t like how the screens read and you alway have to up load Etc, Next time I'll get a Rpm I've heard a lot of Good things about them & alot of Bad news on Edelbrock.
    Dave.

8. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I have 3 engines on a pulling tractor, all have SM IV's and solid core wires (noisy, noisy, noisy). I use Performance Trends.
    www.performancetrends.com

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  9. lucky2wd

lucky2wd Member

I've got a quickdata in both of my pullin trucks and I too think they need some software help. There was a new version of software out, but the guy that took over at Eldebrock when the delveloper moved on has passed away in the last year. I don't know where it is going now....
    as for radio noise, my old racepac hard a real hard time until I switched to msd mags, really all that was needed was more money