Crank pulley

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrodharlkey, Feb 8, 2013.

1. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

have a blown bbc..running a quick disconect fuel pump with pump extension..the quick disconnect is over top of bottom pulley..running a 13.9mm pulleys..can anyone tell me what would be my biggest pulley i can run without it hitting pump extension?have a 32t now and clears about 1/2": need to move up to a 36t or 37t to get my blower belt to work;;

2. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Do you have two pulleys in 13.9 that are consecutive numbers like 24-25 etc. You can measure the difference between the two and calculate how big the diameter of the bigger pulley is going to be ---- for example a 8 mm pulley gains approx. .065 in OD per tooth increase-------------

3. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

no;;only have a 27t and a 32t now..i need to go with 36t or 37t on bottom and 30t on top so can tighten up blower belt....i just talked to a person on phone..he said i may need to get rid of the quick disconnect pump ext..said i would gain some more clearance that way plus said i can grind some of bottom of entension and pump flange and gain little more also...looks like i'll be selling extension and quick disconnect ring on pump and clamp..sure hate parting with it..i haven't ran car yet but can see much easier then bolting pump on and off to change belt..

4. jeragsters

jeragsters top fuel sand

Have you used the belt sizing/ratio chart on Good Vibrations?

5. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Don, too bad you can't take pics and post them, you should be able to run a extension with a clamp ????

6. Blown5402

Blown5402 Member

39 tooth 13.9mm pulley

I have a real good factory marked 13.9mm 39 tooth pulley that I will sell for $60.00 if you can make it work-It measures 6 and 5/8" across the center to the outside of the teeth-THANKS! Jim 931-580-8804
    PS-sometimes I have seen 14mm and 13.9mm pullies get mismatched-THANKS!

7. bandit496

bandit496 Member

I have machined the pumps and extensions to the contour of the pulleys for extra clearance. The QR system is the way to go for sure for easier belt changes. Could you modify your idler pulley/bracket to get some extra/less belt circumference? JW