Cracked Frame Rail/TAFC Chassis

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Mac, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Mac

Mac Member

I ran my car today and was checking everything over between passes and noticed my top frame rail has a major crack in it. The crack is between the front motor plate mount and the arm mount right in the middle. Its cracked 3/4 of the way around the tube. Just thought I would see what my options are as far as repairing goes:confused:

2. Kramer Metal Fab Inc.

chassis crack

Sent you a PM Mac.

3. Mac

Mac Member

Anyone have some pictures of a similar repair? I need to get this fixed before the next race. My chassis guy I usually use is booked up but with that said a buddy of mine is a great fab guy and tig welds very well but isn't familar with this type of repair. Any help would be great.

4. Mac

Mac Member

No its further forward than that. 15" in front on the front motor plate

5. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Hey, when is your next race? We could probably take a look at it early next week if you can wait till then. Let me know.

6. Mac

Mac Member

Hi Nathan,
    I'm supposed to leave for Mission on the 26th. I e-mailed your dad and got some tips so I think we will do the repair here. I might give you guys a call if I have some more questions?

7. Dave Tuttle

Dave Tuttle New Member

TAFC Cracked Top Frame Rail

Its too bad you can't throw a picture of your problem area up here. I'd be happy to take a look at it and let you the best way to go about repairing it. Who knows, I might even be able to figure out why it broke there and keep it from doing it again.
    If you've got a close up shot and maybe another that shows what's around that area, send me an e-mail to;
    dragsters@earthlink.net

~Dave Tuttle~