clearence

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by suddendebt, May 2, 2010.

1. suddendebt

suddendebt Blown Altered

Just looking for some info on the clearence that the blacks need to be cut to on a 6-71 littlefield. Im guessing that I need to measure the rotors with the blacks still in and fully assembled. I cant imagen that it is very much. just a few Thousands. Any help would be well come.

Thanks.

Also looking for a "T" handle 7/16" inertia wrench like the one RBS sells.

Bob

2. andy wilfong

andy wilfong Active Member

It depends on what your using for, typically on gas the bottom clearance is 4 to 5 thousands. Alc or nitro 1 1/2. To. 2

3. andy wilfong

Also STD rotor diameter is 5.778. Before grooves are cut in rotor the parent rotor is turned down 10 to 15 thousands for clearance, hope this helps and didn't confuse you more.

4. suddendebt

suddendebt Blown Altered

What do you mean by parent rotor?

I am using alcohol.

Correct me if im wrong but, I take assymble the blower and use a feeler gauge to measure out the current space with the old strips or do I just measure out the diameter (I know the spelling sucks) of the rotor and mill it to what ever I need?

Bob

5. andy wilfong

Check the bottom clearance on your assembled blower to determine what it is now. Disassemble and check the rotor in whatever you are going to cut the material with (lathe or mill)then you can make the neccesary adjustments on how much you need to cut it . What I was reffering to as the parent rotor is the rotor before any machining or anodizing is done to it,we do this so it give clearance of metal to metal and we make it up with the material in the rotor. Hope this helps, if you have any more ?'s call me at littlefield blowers, I have worked there "31" years

6. suddendebt

suddendebt Blown Altered

thanks for the help.

Bob

7. roar

roar New Member

Hey Andy I just ordered a new 8/71 LB20 from littlefield last week, Littlefield have such good service and great advice I would not shop anywhere else.

Lyle.

8. suddendebt

suddendebt Blown Altered

Hey Andy,

What are your thoughts on putting plugs in the end of the rotors?
    It is a littlefield 6-71. Also if I want to find out the story behind this blower IE- the type and serial number and so on.

It is stamped Nick Arias and its writen all over the place too.

Just want to know what I have.

Bob

9. andy wilfong

Lyle, thanks for the business we appreciate it, and we always try to do our best to help out when all possible, and Bob, the plugs do help by how much, I have heard all kinds of different numbers, I have not done a true comparison test myself. Call me with your serial # off your blower and I will lok it up as far as having nicks name on it not sure, Thanks, Andy