Call from Gainsville TAD Run

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tjenna, Mar 18, 2005.

1. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Just got a call from Dan Lynch

Gunderson goes 5.20

2. rickey

rickey Member

Bill Reichert just ran 5.18

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Yea just heard.

Perry goes 5.35 in a blown car and Ashley a 5.39

Bump them down to .96 for tomorrow

4. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

2:01 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 61 degrees, relative humidity 46 percent, barometer 29.87 inches, adjusted altitude 315 feet, track temperature 58 degrees.

300 FEET of air, I wouldn't get all that excited about NHRA doing something to the AFuelers....

5. was R4K

was R4K Member

temp and altitude is the same for the BAD's [​IMG]

6. eps938

eps938 Super Comp

Niver just ran an incredible 5.08!!! Oh wait a minute, according to the news service that 5.08 ET was from his house to the Circle K in order to get more beer...Never mind. EPS

7. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

OK Mr. Wasr4k,

Lets go to Denver and see if an Afueler can run in the 50's... or in the hot and humid midwest in the middle of the summer on 98%

8. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

Niver just ran an incredible 5.08!!! Oh wait a minute, according to the news service that 5.08 ET was from his house to the Circle K in order to get more beer...Never mind. EPS

Now that's funny...

9. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

DIFFERENT YEAR, SAME STORY.

10. 777AFDKID

777AFDKID Jr. Dragster

You all are cracking me up! Just so you can all be JEALOUS just like me.... I just talked to my Dad (Niver)who happens to be in Maui at the moment (had to give him race results you know!!) I am sure that after he heard the news...(Great run by Reichart!!) I am sure it didnt take him 5.08 seconds to get to the bar to get another Coors!! I am sure he is still enjoying it as we type!! :)

11. was R4K

was R4K Member

Doug- are you implying that the BAD's will run 5.1's at Denver- What is your point?
    by the way, my name is Bob Meek (I feel it is only fair to disclose that- as you are using your name) Not trying to be smart- my point is that the BAD's can not run 5.1's in any conditions whatsoever, so are we to compare best performances or what?

12. DragRacer

DragRacer new

I thought the big deal was that Mitch Meyers and Gunderson quit? Now I hear Gunderson goes a .20?!

Short retirement I guess...

It seems that alot of the statements about the 96 and 98% hurting the AFDs were just flat wrong...

13. was R4K

was R4K Member

Drag racer- I feel every racer should be able to do his BEST! Michael Gunderson is a real straight up guy and it is nice to see him on the track- This a/fd vs BAD conflict has nothing to do with guys and gals that race either type of dragster- I think if you got everyone together we could have a good party- it;s the constant rule changes that are the cause of the anger/frustration in my opinion. People don't seem to be so angry in the pits as they appear on the internet. I start at the Div6 opener in May, and I bet I see nothing but smiling faces in the pits.(if it doesn't rain that is. LOL)

14. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

It will all even itself out in the end. Naturaly asperated engins don't run good at higher elevations and there is not a lot you can do about it. They do run good at 300 feet. Check the pro stock times out!! At least you can make more air with a blower when at elevations. Richert, Gallant and Gunderson are just plain good when the air is great. You wouldn't catch one of them at Denver if it was the last race ever held.

15. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

for one they dont have a nat in denver and why would any one blown or a/f change the combo to go to one race next question ???

16. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

are you implying that the BAD's will run 5.1's at Denver

No I'm not amplying that they would run 5.1's any where, But they will run 5.40's and the afuelers will run 5.70's.

BTW where were all the blown cars last weekend at Houston? only one showed up, (Wilson and he went to the Semi's). So you want the rules changed when only one blown car shows up?

17. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

I thought the big deal was that Mitch Meyers and Gunderson quit? Now I hear Gunderson goes a .20?!

Gunderson is only running to sell his car, per Mike.

18. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

Doug i will have my blown car at the rest of d 4 races . just wondering what car do work on or hang with

19. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

Lee,

Curt Schdelle owns it , Ben harper drives it

20. Michael Gunderson

Michael Gunderson New Member

Doug, you are correct it's for sale. This race and next weeks points race to finish is it for me. The car is ready and will look good in someone elses pit. Michael