blue blower belts

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by bruce mullins, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

i have seen a few cars with blower belts were the tooth side is a bright blue color. anyone know whats up, ? is it a stronger material?

2. Greg Sereda

Greg Sereda New Member

Last year they started out with belt 1600 8M-75GT PS Belt . This was their Problem Solving belt (PS) Purple in color. Half way thru 2007 they made additional changes to the belt and it is now blue in color and the purple belt was then dropped. This was what was explained to me when I tried to get more of the Purple belts half way through 2007.
    Greg

3. clint thompson

works good

I don't really know what the reason for the change was, but I have had excellent results with them. been changing them the same interval as the other ones.

4. bulldog6

bulldog6 A/Fuel #4

the blue blower belts have teeth lined with carbon fiber while the purple ones are lined with kevlar.

5. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

The blue belts are the replacment for the standard 1600 belt, the PS belt is still a different belt from the blue carbon belts and are purple in color now. the blue carbon belts just shatter when they break.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I didn't have any trouble with the black ones. The only improvement I see is the total of the invoice for one.

7. Worms

Worms Member

I'm with Randy, belts usually break because somthing caused it. By the way, what is the price of the blue "band aids"?

8. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

so in other words, they don't make the standard 1600 any more. i have also seen 14mm belts that are blue, so are all the belts blue now?

9. Brad L

Brad L Member

Concerning the questions of 1600 Blower Belts: The purple belts are the "problem solver" belts. They are Kevlar strand and are priced at $199.00 The blue belts have a carbon inlet and are made to shatter instead of shred. Price $185.00 We have the regular 1600GT belts. Gates makes them for us and will continue them for one more year. Price $175.00
    The only belts we cannot stock because of licensing agreements are the 11mm belts, but that is soon to change.

Thank you,
    Littlefield Blowers

10. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I just ordered a bunch of belts from your mom today. I'll take the good ol' belts, please.

11. Michael Veskovich

Michael Veskovich New Member

Bruce,

I know a belt is a little different on a Fuel bike, but my friends blower belt and even a few of his primarys are the blue ones and in the past few weeks we've gone testing, have broken and shreaded a few.

Mike