block horsepower rating

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blownmudrail, May 3, 2007.

1. blownmudrail

blownmudrail New Member

hi, i have a dart little m block 400 with 10-71 hi helix blower is roughly 460cubic inch. dart says 2000 horse is the max the block can handle. my question is does anyone worry about this if so what are the signs of a stressed block if any? oh my motor is around 1900 horse. i was wanting to go more overdriven but dont know if i should? only race about 200 feet at a time.please give me some feedback on max hp rating.

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

well it will start to pull the head studs out or lift the heads off..been there and done it!!!! that is why i run a hemi... small chevy = $$$$$

3. blownmudrail

blownmudrail New Member

does anyone actually worry about the block then or just your head studs? just something about saying i can beat some 800 cubic inch motors with a 400 small block.lol but really want to know if anyone worries about their block?

4. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

don't know exactly how this applies to a small block but in know in the big blocks you have to keep an eye on the main webbing areas. our alcohol motor always 'floated' the main caps a little and would tranfer a little metal on the caps/registers... but never pulled studs. on our new fuel motor i fixed this with some 'special sauce'. from what i've heard and seen the dart block has fixed most of the problems in the main webbing. i think the dart big block is about 75#'s heavier than stock. that's quite a bit of added iron. sean

www.metalmafiaracing.com

5. IGO1320

IGO1320 T/D 2268

Sbc

My motor pulled main web number 2 out.....I have problems with the deck cracking when there is a sleeve installed but not until, I also fill the block with hard block up to the deck. I am ordering a CV block which has the bottom end set up like a hemi with the cross bolts and .500 fasteners.....Chuck claims this will be the last block I buy.....I hope so. If you want anymore info or to talk pm me.

Henry

6. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

do you mean CN Blocks? Looked at them at Houston... they are wicked. Pricey but if money isn't a concern and weight is an issue I hear they are incredible. Here is a link...

http://www.cnblocks.com/

7. blownmudrail

blownmudrail New Member

when the block let go how much horse did you have? was you over the rating or right at it or below it? thanks