Attn all alky racers, more trouble:

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Rich110A/F, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

This is the same type of shit that has ruined the IHRA.... you have to have races in areas where alot of cars AND people to show up. The IHRA complained about slack fields in TD\TS quick 8 races while they have races in the middle of nowhere.

2. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

I know some of the tracks don't want to have alcohol cars at their division race because they are comfortable with the racers paying all of the bills and not having to payout any more money than they have too. The problem is when it's a back gate race, racers are providing little value to their sponsors if nobody is there to watch. People in the stands benefit everyone. Racing at a track that resembles a ghost town is really a waste of resources and makes our sport look bush league. I think the tracks care bit's just that they don't want to do what is needed to draw a crowd. Meanwhile the whole program has evolved into a country club setting for the sportsman guys.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  3. TAD240

TAD240 New Member

ESPN2 Coverage

What ESPN2 Coverage???????????????? It's never on when they say it's going to be. I tried to watch the Pro World Finals in 2010 and it wasn't on the first time scheduled or the rerun. I gave up watching the Alcohol races a few years ago. One time I tried to watch, the races weren't on because they were airing Titily Winks Competition. And, yes I am serious, Titily Winks!!! NHRA needs to go back to Diamond P Sports producing the shows and air them on TNN again. They were always on when they were supposed to be and everyone who qualified got on TV. How is anyone supposed to keep a sponsor happy when they refuse to put you on TV. Who needs to see one cars run 5 different times when there was no fire or wreck? Try showing every round of racing. Man, am I glad I built an Altered and not a TAFC or TAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! This crap just urks me to no end!!! And don't get me started about the end of 1/4 mile racing for this 1000 foot Nitro racing and the 1/8 mile craze!

4. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

payout div2

E-mail this article Print this article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 NHRA Southeast Division Lucas Oil Drg Racing Series Cash Purse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monday, January 24, 2011

NHRA SOUTHEAST DIVISION

2011 NHRA LUCAS OIL DRAG RACING SERIES

*(updated 1/24/2011 at 12:35 pm EST)

Top Alcohol Dragster

Top Alcohol Funny Car

8-car field

8-car field

Winner
    $3,000

Winner
    $3,000

Runner-up
    $1,200

Runner-up
    $1,200

Rd 2 Loser
    $600

Rd 2 Loser
    $600

Rd 1 Loser
    $300

Rd 1 Loser
    $300

Competition

Super Stock

32-car field

128-car field

Winner
    $1,000

Winner *
    $1,000

Runner-up
    $500

Runner-up *
    $500

Rd 4 Loser
    $200

Rd 7 Loser
    $250

Rd 3 Loser
    $125

Rd 6 Loser
    $200

Rd 2 Loser
    $75

Rd 5 Loser
    $150

Rd 4 Loser
    $125

Rd 3 Loser
    $100

5. Mark Billington

So are we saying all Div 2 tracks will be paying $300/$600 etc this year? I could not find anything on the NHRA web site that said that or the 1/24 posting eluded to above.

6. Mark Billington

wow never mind I see it now. Brutal.

7. John Robinson

John Robinson Member

Wow!! Bad deal. Not meaning to put gas on the fire here but do you guys realize that the top diesel class in the NHRDA Pays 2 k for 1st & 1.5k for second....& there are usually only 3 cars there to compete against...
    I know for a fact that the owner of the National Hot Rod Diesel Assn isnt getting rich but at least he is willing to give back to the poeple that make the sport grow...He realizes that if there are no cool cars there he has nothing to sell...Simple.
    I dont understand the logic in the NHRA? I am very aware that if i had a alcohol car that i couldnt get as much as a spark plug given to me...But since we are a diesel there are certian companys out there that are looking for avenues to get there products to a huge market like the NHRA. I know we dont go very fast but we are having one heck of a time & not going into the hole "too" bad...I feel your pain guys.

8. Cal Bellamy

Cal Bellamy New Member

Div 6 Payout 2011

To Follow is payout from Division 6 Website:
    2011 NHRA Northwest Division Purse

Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series

Top Alcohol Dragster & Top Alcohol FC
    Win 2500
    Runner-up 1250
    Semi 900
    First Round 600
    1st Alternate 200

Best Regards for 2011

9. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Thank you sir, may I have another...Thank you sir, may I have another...Thank you sir, may I have another...

10. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Scares Me

I got to say the situation scares me. I have a running, completely equipped with the latest mandated safety stuff TAFC and pretty soon there won't be anywhere to run. I know that in Div 6 there are only 4 or 5 cars left in TAFC. There once was lots of us, a dozen or so. But slowly but surely the economy and the apathy of the NHRA is reducing that number down and down. And once the class dies what will I be able to do with the car? Sell it? There are lots of great cars for sale right now and nobody seems to be biting. Am I one of the last dinosaurs left on the planet? I would go find the closet tar pit to jump into but the NHRA will fine me if I splash the oil on the sidewalk. Damn- Dave Germain

11. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

from my email to div2 dir,,
    "....I personally know of 3 div2 alcohol cars that are parked because of the recent rules forced upon them.These particular racers have had their dreams pulled out from under them while trying to keep up with the rule of the week .I am mounting a Fiat on one of them at this time.
    I'm not trying to take away from the 2 or 3 guys who will actually be able to collect that winner's check.Its great!.But look down the road..Who is going to replace them when they move on to fuel or a boat? What I want to know is who in their right mind would spent $200,000 to race and not even get their entry fee back.I could do that with a stock Impala and save $190,000 and drive 30 minutes from home every weekend....
    I was planning on 3 races this year, but now......good luck to all of us!"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  12. wildman

wildman Member

It's bad that there are those who are getting out. What's really bad is those of us that have (had?) aspirations to get in. I can run my bracket car and get better payout. Hell, the Jegs SQ series pays $2k to win with only a $75 entry.

13. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

Billy, do you really think the email will change the mind set of anyone? The racing world with it's rules and payouts HAS and ALWAYS be set by people who do whatever they want. AND as always you have two choices race with them and their rules or find another avenue to travel down. . . . . .you know which way I went.

14. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

Time to be heard

Bruce, I have no illusions.I just refuse to go out quietly saying oh well! How everyone else reacts to this will determine if their div will eventually do the same. I think the div2 office should be buried in emails from everywhere.and post on here that you did! Will it change anything? Who knows. But it should NOT go unchallenged. For now, I only need to go through tech at a div to get a grading point.Hopefully, I've got ZMax div in Aug, 30 minutes from home.As for anyother div races, I'd rather travel in the opposite direction the same distance and run a div1 or div3 race to support them, than travel my div and be insulted. Enough is enough.We both know too many racers who pulled the plug on their dreams because of this shit. As far as I'm concerned, if div2 doesn't want alky, fine!MAN UP AND SAY SO! Fix this divisional bullshit! In my opinion,they are doing the same thing to alky they did to nitro.Used to be much larger fuel fields until they fixed it so only the rich/sponsored could consider racing. Now they have approx 16 cars that race their shows and they don't do it on the payout! I can see a future like that for alcohol, if there is a future! Remember the quote that the majority of alcohol cars already had carbon brakes?Think about it,,what he meant was, the majority of the cars that can afford to run the national schedule..it surely didn't explain how the manufactures were inundated with orders for brakes. I don't think he had or has a clue how many struggling alky racers there are or rather, were! So email away everyone. Show them how many there really are.Tell your friends who have been parked for the last 2 years to speak up!NOW! Oh and by the way, I took the example from NHRA and threatened my grandson with a $500 fine if his diaper leaked...It didn't work there either!!!

15. Doc Powell

Doc Powell New Member

div 2 payout

Just got off phone with Nhra and they said this payout scale will be at all div 2 races, even the z-max race. We were considering racing a few div 2 races but not now.

16. tad2155

tad2155 Member

they don't give a rats ass bout alky,, and i miss it and the people but as i said b/4 wen jay payne said it is a dying breed u shuld listen and i did:eek:

17. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

Our team saw the writing on the wall, and got rid of our alky fc, replaced it with a nostalgia nitro fc. At least we're more appreciated and we were lucky enough to find a sponsor that loves drag racing. I don't ever plan to run for 300 bucks for 3 qualifiers and a first round loss, although 600 bucks wasn't much better.

18. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

I don't really see it as a huge slap in the face. Everyone's business has been hurt the last couple of years, and these tracks have probably felt a bigger hit than a lot of us. Most people have either taken a pay cut or are making less money than they did several years ago, so what makes tad/tafc so special that the track owner has to to figure out how to keep the same pay out with less income? I think it would be an easier pill to swallow if they just asked everyone to pay entry fees, but this basically does the same thing. Last year there was a small town here in TX whose city was broke, so they asked all the city workers to accept a pay freeze. Everyone was okay except the police union. They refused, demanded their raise and threatened to strike. Seemed a little selfish to me.

I'm okay with taking a hit while things are bad so that no one (tracks or nhra) make a rash decision to get rid of these classes. If 3 or 4 years from now there are still no cars and they can't get any fans, then at least they gave it a chance to come back.

On the other hand, if I owned a racetrack and saw what happened at Norwalk last year, I would've been on the phone the next day trying to get a detailed instruction sheet of how the Bader's do it. They should be putting on clinics for the other track owners. Seriously. They may be in a great market, but I'd bet they could go anywhere and put on a pretty good race.

FYI, I'm not pointing this at anyone, just the general attitude. It was the same last year when D4 decided to start charging entry fees.

19. Doc Powell

Doc Powell New Member

helping the tracks.

maybe we could sell candy bars and donate the money to the tracks like my kids do for their school athletic programs. Maybe we could right this off as a charity. God forbid that the ceo or any of the higher ranking nhra executives take a small pay cut to help out the sportsmen racers.

20. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Kinda funny how any Buisness that has sold you your race car parts HAS NOT been hurt, especially if you Own a Top Alcohol Race Car.

Did any of the manufactures of parts for your Top Alky car lower their prices on their parts you bought from them to help ease the cost..???? I mean actually lowered cost,..Not they knocked off $5
    on the part,.?? and yet still raised the price on the shipping fee.
    Did the cost for SFI Certifications get lowered for the parts that require it,...????
    Did it cost less for this year on anything to Recertify, or purchase on your car to go racing.....???......How about chassis certs,..???

Did they lower the price on the Hot Dogs at the snack bar,..????

Point is if everybody has taken a pay cut and making less money from this Economic depresssion, Why would you not consider it a slap in the face, when nothing that you do to go racing has cost less, infact it all has cost more...and now the payout is less, How much humiliation can all you alky racers take,..I mean come on,.. You loose no matter what happens this year,..and LOOSE BIG TIME. spend $200,000 and hope to get back $10,000.
    Can you actually afford to spend $5,000.00 to get to a race for only $300.00 1st round loss money,..Can you afford to run your car in the finals for $3500.00 and if it blows up costs you $20,000..???
    If your one of the many that has spent all the thousands of dollars since last November to prepair your car for 2011,the damage is done, because you have already spent the money and Now its Febuary 2011 and now you find out that it is not worth going racing because the payouts are equivalent to Down Hill Skate Boarding.

You all have kept NHRA alive threw these hard times along with keeping all the business that supply the parts to your cars too,..and Now who is going to help keep Top Alcohol Racing alive,
    ..WHO HAS YOUR BACK, you have had their backs for ever.

JUST SAY NO !!!!! I say storm Glendora and burn the nhra flag....LMFAO

:mad: