A question I've been wondering

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Lorenzo, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo New Member

Has Anyone ever took one of our blower motors. Example a Big bore Brad 5-6-7-8 headed motor or even an AJ motor whichever and took the blower off it and stuck a couple of big ass dominators on it. Alcohol or gas just see what kind of power it makes without a blower on it? I'm not talking about changing the cam or any modifications. Just take off the blower and stick 2 carbs on it. I've wondered this for quite a few years now but never asked. Any of maniacs tried it?

2. TOL

TOL Active Member

It would be a "stone", if the motor was first optimized for blown use and then simply had just carbs added in place of the blower. The reasons for this are numerous.

Fundamentally think of it this way.... What is the breathing ratio (prevailing pressure at the intake versus exhaust valves) of a blown motor like versus that in a NA motor? For the same reason, turbos on a blown optimized short block will not work optimally.

3. Danny Humphreys

Brad Personett might disagree with you on that

4. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

it would be one BIG boat anchor:)..Dave

5. tafccrewguy

tafccrewguy New Member

Id say roughly 800 hp,A Pro Stock is maybe around 1300 or 1400 I think, and thats extremely refined.Ports are too big for N A.

6. Money Shot

Money Shot Member

Well, I tell ya what Ive done. I took a 565 BBC, 2 1050 doms, sheet metal intake that was running a 500hp shot of nitrous and put a 14/71 blower on it. No other changes except switched from nitrous and race gas to alky and blower. 13 to 1 compression limited me from alot of OD but I spun it 20 over without problem. Car ran a best of 5.39@ 125 on the motor and a 4.81 @146 on 500hp N2o. Then switched to blown alky and ran a 4.66@ 160 at 20% OD. NO OTHER CHANGES!! My car weighs 2505 with me in it. So I can say that my blown alky set up was worth about 400 more hp than the nitrous by the MPH. I can also say that I wil NEVER go back to nitrous after running a blower. :D