60W Oil In Edmonton Alberta Canada

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Comax Racing, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

I've been doing some research into 60W oil in Edmonton. I can get it but its anywhere from $11 to $15 per Ltr. Now I understand racing is expensive but I'm always looking for options. I came across Castrol Assuron oil, its a 60W oil but its designed primarily for diesel engines. My question is, would I be looking at bearings that are destroyed in my blown alcohol engine if I used this oil. I use 60w penzoil and the engine likes that weight the best. Could I use this oil and add Lucas stabilizer?

Biggest thing is does diesel oil have the correct additives to work in a blown alcohol engine?

Thanks
    Corey

2. HootersFunnyCar

Try Lucas 60w.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Corey, a lot of heavy hitting pronitrous guys use Rotella 15w-40 because it has high zinc content. High zinc content is characteristic of diesel oils. We don't use it down in the lower 48 because we can get the racing oil we want. The only problem with using non racing oil with blown alcohol motors is how it reacts to the methanol. I think the oil itself will be no problem with the bearings but the reaction to the methanol is the unknown.

4. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

Thanks Mike, Good advice. I may go get a small amount and see how methanol reacts to it.

Corey