YNot Racing Brings in Exchange Student

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by PROCOMP1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

YNot Racing exchanges info with German racing analyst

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (January 27, 2010) – YNot Racing is teaming up with a German crew chief for an international exchange of drag racing knowledge between the two teams.

Gittli Koller, a 17-year veteran of drag racing who most recently crewed for Peter Schöfer Racing, a German Top Alcohol Dragster team, will join the YNot Racing crew as a consultant early in the 2010 season.

“We see this as a real opportunity to exchange information between race teams and countries,” says YNot Crew Chief Norm Grimes.

Koller brings an impressive resume to YNot. She started in drag racing in 1993 at the street legal and super comp levels. Her last 10 years have been spent analyzing data and suggesting setups to the chief mechanic of Peter Schöfer Racing. That team has a notable track record as European Champions in 2002 and 2008, European runner-up Champions in 2003, 2004, and 2006 and third place finishes in 2005 and 2007.

“It has always been a dream of mine to race in the States,” says Koller, “and I am very pleased that YNot Racing is giving me the opportunity to join you for a race.”

Koller will join the YNot crew for the Pacific Division opener at Firebird International Raceway in Phoenix, Ariz., and a variety of other races to follow. YNot has not released its full 2010 schedule, but the team’s first 2010 appearance will be in Pomona, Calif, at the 50th Anniversary Winternationals Feb. 11-14. YNot Racing Driver Jim Whiteley pedals the Lucas Oil dragster again in 2010 with consecutive second place finishes in 2008 and 2009.