Ya gotta love Jay Payne!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bob Orme, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Bob Orme

Bob Orme New Member

He T-boned the wall in the first round of eliminations at the LODRS event in Topeka. As soon as his car came to a stop, he climbed out of it, walked over to the track safety truck, apologized to the safety workers for making a mess on the track, then he grabbed a broom off of the back of the truck and started trying to help clean up his own crash! :)

2. Kurt - Prostart Race Cars

Let's see, "LAST YEAR" same thing happened to Cy Chesterman. Will the track and Div.5 ever learn, it is not safe for these cars to run at NIGHT. Does someone have to get hurt or worse?:mad:

3. eli

eli Banned

That would be dew to the dew? or the dewdew?.:eek: to bad Jay, Gene Terenzio

4. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Indy?

How bad did he hurt it?

Will he be able to get it fixed for Indy?

5. Bob Orme

Bob Orme New Member

He wasn't hurt, and he said he would be at Indy.

6. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Jay will be at Indy, the car will be taking some time off to get some much needed medical attention.

7. mguest

mguest New Member

Dew

It wasn't dew it was oil

8. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I don't think it was as bad as Chesterman's wreck because he didn't do a straight, head-on T-bone into the wall. He was doing a donut, back tires were spinning hard and the rear of the car was coming around him as he hit the wall so the impact was a little less. It rotated around the nose as it was hitting the wall. I thought he was going to barrell roll for sure after seeing the car on two wheels. He is VERY lucky.

9. Div5Fan

Div5Fan New Member

He didn't wreck at night, though it was dark by the time the wreck was cleaned up. I love the "Thunder Slug". He makes lots of power. However, I've seen him tag the Topeka wall twice in the past three years, plus Shelly mauled her pro mod car at HPT running Comp another year. They push the envelope hard.

They make the decisions to attempt to rotate the earth, not Division 5.

10. Kurt - Prostart Race Cars

Shelly crashed last year when Cy crashed, same race same conditions, and it "was" a result of the track condition. Anyone with one of theses cars is "trying to rotate the earth", it's the nature of the beast. I think the point here being that the Div. 1 drivers have banded together and refused to race when the track conditions deteriorate and danger sets in. I am going by the times of the postings, A/FC 11:36 PM, A/D 12:56 PM final round Etc.

Sorry for being concerned for people lives.

11. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Topeka is a tricky track just because it seems to bite harder past 60ft about 150-200 feet out, so if your wheel speed isn't hauling ass by then the tires will dead hook and you'll get some wicked under power shake. It happened so much this weekend it wasn't even funny. I'm betting there are some sore drivers out there.