With Regional Championship clinched, Annie Whiteley focused on national success

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 20, 2012.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

With Regional Championship clinched, Annie Whiteley focused on national success

Annie Pomona Burn.jpg ENNIS, Texas – Two weeks ago, rookie NHRA Top Alcohol Funny Car driver Annie Whiteley and her YNot Racing team clinched the Western Region Championship with their fourth regional win of the year in Woodburn, Ore. With the Regional Championship in hand, her Roger Bateman lead team will be looking to score their first national event win during this weekend’s AAA Texas Fall Nationals at the Texas Motorplex, just south of Dallas.

Whiteley, from Grand Junction, Colo., is still on the proverbial ‘Cloud 9’ after clinching the Western Region Championship in her rookie season. She also reached the final of her last national event, the Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd, Minn.

“Winning the Regional Championship in my first year is pretty awesome,” said Whiteley. “If we could get a national event win this year that would really be something. Jim [husband, who runs in Top Alcohol Dragster] has done well over the years here and I ran my first 5.60 in testing at this track last year, so I’m really looking forward to it.”

Originally a Texas native, Whiteley will have plenty of family on hand to cheer her on this weekend.

“We always have a lot of family with us at the Dallas race,” cited Whiteley. “We would love to get our first win with my Mom and the rest of the family on hand.”

Qualifying begins on Friday for the alcohol cars with two sessions, followed by one final session Saturday afternoon. Eliminations begin with round one Saturday evening and final eliminations will conclude the event on Sunday.

To find out more about YNot Racing’s promotional partners, visit the websites below:

RaceGoodyear.com - Goodyear's position as the leading tire maker in drag racing is unquestioned. The quickest, fastest and most powerful earth-bound machines in the world look to Goodyear for tires that generate enough traction to take advantage of their stunning ability to go fast in a straight line.

NGKSparkPlugs.com - When performance counts, the fastest teams on two wheels or four, on land or on water choose NGK Spark Plugs.

The team would also like to thank the continued support of J&A Services and Advanced Oilfield Services.

Attached photo courtesy of James Drew Photography