WILL HANNA TESTING ????

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by afuelfreak, Jun 1, 2005.

1. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

WELL. LETS HERE IT, DID YA , `!#$?*"IT YOURSELF OR WHAT, DID YOU KEEP IT BETWEEN THE LINES, CAN YOU DRIVE? DID IT RUN A NEW NATIONAL RECORD,

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i can't tell what it ran...we had 'NT' on the window so they wouldn't post the times on the scoreboard....LOL.

no new national records, no mess in the drawers...just ready to hit the track again this weekend...

3. jb484

jb484 yes

Will where are you going to test at this weekend? back at hrp?

4. Will Hanna

Staff Member

john,

we called an audible at the line, looks like we can get more runs in at no problem this weekend, so that's where we're heading.

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Will,
    Keep us posted on your progress at No Problem this weekend. See ya when you get home.
    What about Rusk?

6. Will Hanna

Staff Member

we made 3 passes saturday...couple of half passes. during the day it was 109 degrees outside, 4000 ft corrected. it was lazy the first couple of passes, then we had to wait until 10:00 at night to make our next pass due to the concert they had. when the air got better that night (2450) coupled with how much we hopped it up, it left like a bat out of hell, but just had too much wheelspeed and smoked the tires when i hit second. .983 60'. We made one hit Sunday morning it smoked the tires off the line. I had it calmed down for our next hit, we were putting the body on to go make a run when the bottom fell out of the sky. i'm getting more comfortable in the car, so hopefully our next outing we can put some full passes together and run some numbers.

7. blownracer/a-fuel

keep after it Will nothing good in life comes easy

8. DQUES

DQUES Member

Hey Will , is this car equipped with a lencodrive trans ?.

9. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

GOOD MEETING YOU AT NPR WILL, TRACK DIDNT LIKE OUR CAR MUCH, SHOOK AT TOP OF 1ST BOTH TIMES. WOKE UP TO A WET TRACK SUNDAY AND HEADED BACK HOME.HAD ENOUGH OF THAT HEAT.

10. Will Hanna

Staff Member

ok, i gave the short version...here's the rundown on the weekend...

we originally had planned to run at hrp, but made a last minute decision to go down to no problem. hrp didn't start running until 4 pm, and we could run all day and at night at no problem, not to mention during the day on sunday at no problem. we need runs, so we went there.

we got set up friday night, went over some things, and got ready to make a hit saturday morning. one thing we had to overcome is me and harry were the only two people who had been there the previous weekend, so we were working with a new crew. we did have some experience tho as my right hand man jb hudson drove in from south carolina to make the weekend.

well, it was hotter than hell as mentioned above. 109 degrees on the weather station, 101 in the shade. around 125-130 grains of water in the air, with no breeze. 4000 ft corrected vs the 2700 ft corrected we ran in houston. the computer didnt get turned on at the line, and it shook pretty good through the middle of low, i pedaled it and ran it out a little bit. had a 1.04 60'. slug

so we made some minor adjustments without seeing any computer data. i was pretty sure with that kind of 60' it was shaking due to being a slug, not because it was too hopped up. we stepped on it a little at the launch with some rpm and a little tweek to the barrel valve. got a little better, but was almost a carbon copy run....1.01 60', shake middle of low, pedal, click it off around 450 ft...coasted to a 4.17 1/8 at 155. nothing to high five about yet. guessing it would have ran a 3.90 something if i had ran it thru the 1/8. well, in trying to get my procedure down, i thru the chutes. the chutes hit the computer switch, bent the switch to where it looked like it was on. well at the end of the run, i turn it 'off' ...but turned it back on. again, no computer.

we get the car ready, the guys are putting the body on, and i noticed there hadn't been any cars down the track so i walk to the line, and the guys told me they had already shut the track down for the concert. the race they had going on was called the 'coonass showdown' a big harley race...complete with a wayne toups zydeco concert, wet tshirt and bikini contest. so we're on hold until 10 pm.

we went over the bottom end and checked some things in the mean time instead of getting in the middle of the concert...lol. i dont know how it affected their song when we fired up for the warmup about 50 yds from the concert stage...lol.

on the tuning side, i've never been too keen on having a weak suck race car, so i turned a few knobs for the night time session. it was one of those 'its either gonna haul ass or shake my brains out' tuneups. it tried to haul ass..hazing the tires through low, .983 60', little bit of 'hoosier shuffle' at the top of low, but when i hit second, the car just hooked hard left and struck the tires. before i watched the video i was starting to second guess myself, thinking if i had more experience maybe i could have yanked it back and saved the run. well the computer showed me it was well on its way to going up in smoke, and the video reaffirmed my decision to lift.

we go into sunday morning still in an aggressive mindset. i figured with the air going back up to 4000 ft, that would calm the motor down enough to get through there. wrong. it was shaking and smoking the tires as soon as i let off the button. the driveshaft curve went straight up before it even thought about curving over. back to the drawing board.

i finally gave up on the idea of running 5.60 and being hero of the day, and backed it down. still more aggressive than the first two, but not as aggressive as the last two. as goldilocks would say 'just right'. we were putting the body on to go to the lanes, and the bottom fell out of the sky.

so we're going to take this weekend to service the car real good, do some work inside the trailer, and we'll be back out, most likely at hrp in two weeks. horsepower isnt our problem, and we're zeroing in on a baseline. this isn't a problem with the lencodrive, it's just i have an aggressive nature when it comes to tuning. on the tuning side, i have to deal with a green driver too...lol. on the driving side, i'm getting valuable seat time and starting to feel what the car is telling me. like when you let off the button and it immediately shakes thats interpreted as 'THATS NOT WHAT I WANTED'....LOL.

tune in in two weeks. will the team get down the track? will will get his license? will they run quick enough to go race? find out june 18 at hrp...

11. John E. Wilson

John E. Wilson New Member

Will, I don't know anything about this but I was told by Mr. Snyder that he had to really back down his car for the first couple of seconds to get it to work with the Lencodrive. Has that been your experience so far? Is this due to the extra torque multiplication of the converter as opposed to a clutch? John

12. KathyL

KathyL Super Comp

Yes you will, WILL, keep at it....Good Luck and stay safe!!!