WARNING...ODDY'S Racing Engines....WARNING

Discussion in 'Old NRE X-1 Heads Free Classifieds' started by trazzy2255, Aug 1, 2012.

1. trazzy2255

trazzy2255 New Member

Thought pass the word, Im not from New York....Billys has my hemi block and parts. ALso built me a short block and did repairs and Nothing but problems, also he had it 2-years till I was able to get it back. He will Not answer the phone, ALso gives B.S. lines to buy himself time, Mostly all Lies. Had to send the sheriff to get him on the phone with me, and that was over a month ago. Again he has my parts, and will not send em back...or pick up the phone, or nothing. Trust me its ben paid for. He maybe a theif?

Thought I would pass the word...Maybe it will save you an headache.

2. Money Shot

Money Shot Member

Oddy's

Surprising to hear that Oddy's would do such a thing. Very reputable name.

3. skeen

skeen New Member

WAS should be inserted before this statement.

an internet search will QUICKLY let someone know how bad this situation has gotten.
    I truely hope you get your parts back, but there are others with the same problems . Billy should have just went to work for another builder. it SOUNDS like he"s been rideing a VERY fine line between bad buisiness man & going to jail !!!!

4. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

oddys

Well you can screw people and not go to jail its our wonderful judicial system that allows bad business practice. I been screwed out of millions, they close up and open up the next day.

5. skeen

skeen New Member

Sadly sean, your dead on with your statement . .

6. GB Performance Parts

Not Jim Oddy

I've known Jim Oddy for over 30 years, he's built race cars for me and several engines with out any problems. From what I understand Jim has not been associated with the engine shop for many years, One of his employees took over the business when Jim stepped down.
    Jim Oddy has a spotless record when it comes to his engines and race cars, so please don't blame or accuse him for something he has no control over.
    Sorry to hear that your having so many problems, for the cost of engines these days your service should get #1 quality

7. blown1969camaro

hope this helps found on system one pit buzz on ita

06-30-2012 07:11 PM #1 zskiman View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact
    Jr. Dragster Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 1 Oddys racing Engines Changes Name and Location
    Oddys has undergone some major changes but is not out of business as some have speculated. the first is oddys is now Billys Racing Engines, also they have moved from the Ema location to East Aurora to better service their customers.

the new address is

391 Olean rd
    East Aurora, ny 14052

phone # is 716-674-2500
    alternate # is 716-650-3219
    fax # 716-652-1646

we are sorry for any inconvenience's or confusion during our move and hope to see you soon!!

8. Policy Peddler

Oddy's

Let me start by saying Billy has my block and heads for repair, he is close enough that i can drive to his shop and pick my stuff up. He has had it for some time.

Billy has had some issues and is honestly trying to work through them. These are not excuses for what is going on, just the reason. I do not think it is a criminal situation.
    Bill has been having an issue with his feet for a 2 years or more. Something regarding the blood vessels in his feet. He has had several operations on the feet. As a consequence he has a problem being on his feet. He sits while working as much as he can. At times, even in the summer, he has been wearing snowmobile boots for padding & because of swelling.
    He had 4 employees working for him, the two who did engine assembly and the more technical work, changed occupations and left him. One went back to drive tractor trailer. The other went into another occupation.

His lease came up on his building and the owner wanted to sell it then. So Bill has been searching for another building, he finally found one and moved the beginning of June. He is still getting situated, which means getting 3 phase installed so he can run his machines, find all his tools and equipment that were packed and moved. Then un-packing all the customers parts he is working on.

OH one other thing, if you have been trying to call since he moved in the last month, you did not get an answer, if you let it ring long enough, voice mail finally answered, the voice mail was at a professors office at a collage who I assume is gone for the summer! The phone was never ringing at his new building, Oddys!
    He just got that fixed!

If you have ever been to Bill's shop you will be amazed at the number of phone calls he gets. People buying things, people looking for information, and racers wanting to talk about racing. The problem is when he is on the phone, he is unable to get work done. So when he answers the phone it takes away from his time he could be working on engines that everyone wants done. So he is not always available to answer the phone.

He continues to be a very nice person, a wizard and guru with engines and race cars.

I honestly feel he will work through this and is doing everything he can to "make things right" with his customers.

Richard Rockefeller
    Policy Peddler Pulling Tractor

9. trazzy2255

trazzy2255 New Member

I tryed calling the number 716-650-3219 and its disconnected. He told me i have my block back no later then feb 1. Its ben there over a year. He cant answer his phone. A lawyer told me, I could go after for fraud iff I decide to take that path. Iff your close enough stop by and see what he is doing with my stuff...I want to no. I may have to drive there my self and get the sheriff and get my parts back.
    He has had my other KB olds 5 times and I cant even start the engine becouse of problems....
    I ive had my truck entered for pulling and missed 2 years of competition because he tells me one thing and does another. Yeah he may be nice on the phone...I think he is a 2 faced b. s. talker.
    I talked to bill on sat july 7, he said he would call me july 8 that evening. No call, never heard a word from him. I have left probly 10 voice mails at his bills racing engines store and sent e-mails to him. I have done everything i could to contact him....

10. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

oddys

If you have not ran in 2 years why would you keep going back? Do you like enduring the punishment? There are several engine builders around there to go to. Some people have a problem with not being able to say no. Jump in your truck and go there problem solved. Your not going to get him on fraud. Its easy to talk lawyer nonsense, put the 5k retainer up and go after him if you feel he has duped you.

11. trazzy2255

trazzy2255 New Member

He says, send it back and he fix it, he just covers up his mistakes....thought i would pass the message of that shop.....and the facts involved and the theft...dont need people bitching at me for providing them of knowledge or saving them from future problems....

12. skeen

skeen New Member

it"s pretty OBVIOUS, if billy doesnt even have power to run his machines, he"s OBVIOUSLY not repairing ANY engines..

Im terribly sorry to hear billy has neuropothy { thats what it sounds like} as I have been thru the same thing. anyone in contact with him might suggest a spine stimulator. it got my pain under control , billy can call me if he"d like any info on it. he has my number.

13. DQUES

DQUES Member

Billy was walking around just fine last week at Lancaster . The guy for sure knows how to build , tune , and machine engines maybe he is just not a very good business man . When Jim ran the business it was top notch .

14. Policy Peddler

Yes I believe it is neuropothy is what he has. He is currently in the hospital with a bad leg/foot infection. I called and spoke to him there yesterday.

Trazzy; the phone number you have is new to me, could it be you have the wrong number and that is why it is "disconnected"?

The new shop number is 716-652-3219.

I realize what is going on is aggravating, I have confidence that Billy will make things right. He has always treated me fairly.

Unfortunately parts are not race shops is not the same as dealing with your local car dealer. Things are never an easy fix, parts are not always available, nor available on time. I do not believe I have ever delt with a race shop that I was happy with, not necessarily that they did anything wrong, even their estimates when things will be done always are way longer than what I want! Heck, if I wanted something in 2 months, I would bring it in in 2 months!!!!!!!

15. snake321

snake321 New Member

RBS Superchargers has unfortunately had a few customers lately bounce checks or decide not to pay there bill at all.

This is not how RBS does business!

If your name is on this list, take care of your bill and we will take your name off the list.

Billy @ Oddy's Automotive $7,148.48 161 past due

LEE RAMEY, DUNCAN OK $150.00 past due since June 2009

SCOTT MYERS, MANASSAS, VA EBAY FRAUD e bay name dragparts703 he since has changed names to flatblack41. This is his racing junk account SMRACECARS1 #489969 571-239-9672. He is currently selling Keith Black 526 hemi short block, Mini Vette Original 1968 Corvette funny car, and a Bryant hemi crank on Racing Junk and Ebay. We purchased a bird catcher off him from Ebay sent him a money order and never received the bird injector. Scott then proceeded with lie after lie telling us fed-x lost it then the post office lost it but never could provide any tracking numbers then it wasn't his injector and that he was selling it for a friend so he couldn't possibly refund any money. The stories went on and on. Scott has also burned other honest trustworthy people in this industry and overseas. Private Investigator involved with Scott to get our money back. **after customers seeing Scotts name on our website they have come forward to tell us there story and both incidents have been on e-bay.

CRAIG WAGNER AMC Door Car LAKE VILLA, IL two bounced COD checks over 60 days past due Craig is another guy you gotta love. We sent parts to him C.O.D which the checks bounced then we see our parts for sale on ebay. This guy hopefully will some day do the right thing and pay his bill. The great thing about Craig is sent us another persons parts to pay against his bill. First class.

CAMERON NEAVES PULLING Tractor puller Macadoo, TX $1,666.62 no pay. Blower repair for Cameron with some other parts once again trusting Cameron since we had done several transactions with him we trusted that we sent the blower to him with the other parts he would pay us. He choose not to pay us and now still continues to run his pull tractor and buy his parts other places.

LARRY SKALICKY Texas boat racer~NO PAY 12/06 We repaired a blower for Larry and being nice and trusting him we sent it with a bill on the box never thinking he wouldn't pay the bill. His excuse is UPS dropped and messed it up. We offered to return it to us fix the problem and return it to him so we could be paid. He declined and said he wasn't going to race anymore and it was just tough luck for us.

I ran across your buddy Oddy on RBS tonight. I would tend to believe that where there's smoke.......

16. vetteafc

vetteafc New Member

I don't think neuropothy or being too busy to answer the phone had anything to do with the used up junk parts, that was supposed to be a new engine, that he sold my friend for $70,000.00.

17. nitronick

nitronick Jr. Dragster

Personal update from BILLY at Bills Leverentz Engines ( foramally ODDYS)

Hello to everyone here on Yellowbullet

I want to take the time to personally update everyone to my status and what’s going on here at Bill Leverentz Engines ( formally ODDY’s Automotive). First yes we have moved to a different location. From Elma NY to East Aurora NY. As every business owner knows to cut back over head is much needed in this economy. To better serve my customers I made the tuff decision to move to a location closer to my home were the building rent and utility bills are cheaper. The money saved will allow more services to be performed for all my customers. The phone numbers will be the same 716-674-2500 (Office phone) and 716-374-0804 ( My cell). The first number is through Verizon and having it reconnected at the new shop has been a pain. Hopefully Verizon will fix this problem ASAP!

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused any of you awaiting engines, parts, and services. Although I have a lot of catching up to do IT WILL GET DONE!

Next I like to address the recent postings and rumors about me personally. The latest one being I was hospitalized due to alcohol poisoning. I don’t know how these things get started but I completely deny these rumors as a whole. My hospitalization came from my longstanding vein trouble in both legs. Because of that I wound up with a serious staff infection that was becoming toxic to the blood. I was flat on my back in the hospital for more than a week receiving large doses of strong antibiotics intravenously. The overall weakness and pain in both legs made it impossible to stand for any length of time and working was out of the question. The pain has lessoned as the infection has been placed under control now. I am now back in the shop.

Lastly as a matter of complete honesty you will see I had a friend of mine post this update on the board today. I feel my time is best spent back in the shop completing projects for all my customers not on the internet.

TO ALL MY CUSTOMERS _ YOU ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO ME. I look forward to serving the racing community for many years to come. Again sorry for the inconvenience these delays have caused.

Sincerely Yours

Bill Leveritz