types of heads, head recommendations, and block help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by general23cmp, Apr 6, 2004.

1. general23cmp

general23cmp New Member

I am interested in building (or having built) a pro mod blown alcohol engine. I plan on configuring it for IHRA Pro Mod use as well as potential Outlaw use. I am interested in the KB blocks (about 526cui), but am unsure about what stage block would be best for me. Also, there are a few types of heads out there (Total Flow Products, Brad Anderson, Alan Johnson, and Veney...for example). What are the known spec, cost, and performance differnces of these types of heads? Personally, it seems that they Pro Mod guys I know that use Veney, are the most successful, but it may be coincidental.

I understand that this is a broad question, but as a hemi-newbie, there is not a lot of information out there for knowledge. I want to learn all required before I procede with such a large investment. Any recommendations to other informative sites to learn from?

I have another question which will probably show my ignorance...what is the actual difference in a "Fat head" and a "Fuel head?"

Thanks guys...you are the pros. I apologize for this lengthy question.

2. Hemi Parts

Hemi Parts Top Fuel

I don't really want to type that much here so if you like call me and I will fill you in.

Bill
    817-561-5260 home
    817-563-7222 shop