Two questions?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Dave Germain, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Question #1 I am looking for something like a grommet to clamp the parachute cable where is goes through the rear of a funny car body? The hose clamps are ugly.

question #2 Where is a good truck wash location in Las Vegas?

Dave Germain

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

#1. What's wrong with hose clamps. LOL

#2 Blue Beacon Truck Wash just couple miles south of the Speedway Blvd off ramp in North Las Vegas is where I used to go. It's right on the freeway. Tell them Harry Reid sent you. On second thought...

Here's the location.

Las Vegas
    Blue Beacon Truck Wash #76
    2932 Losee Rd.
    North Las Vegas, NV 89030
    I-15, Exit 46
    By Morton's

General Manager: Luis
    702-642-4999

Here's the link including a map:

http://www.bluebeacon.com/details/lasvegas/

RG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  3. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Dave. Find you a McMaster Carr catalog. They have everything industrial quality. A little pricy but they have it now.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

truck wash

If the Streakin' Beacon is backed up, there is a truck wash at an old truck stop if you turn right at the light instead of left. It looks like a hokey deal, but they did a good job. A couple of the truckers in line said they like that truck wash because they didn't use as many chemicals as Beacon.

Then I got to hear about some mountain in Canada that you go run when you get a new motor. Get it so hot it burns the paint off of it he says. If the motor lives, it will be good and broke in and the best motor ever. If not, it's still under warranty, get a new one, repeat step 1.....

5. Nitro Madness

Nitro Madness Super Comp

For the parachute cables - if they are close together where they go through the body as mine are you can use a spark plug wire plastic separator (for 2 plug wires). They have a #8 socket head bolt in the center between the reliefs for cables - looks good and keeps the cables from moving forward or back in the body holes....reliefs are perfect size for chute cables....hope this helps...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014