Tim Stevens set to debut this weekend

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by PROCOMP1, Apr 22, 2009.

1. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

TIM STEVENS’ BEAUTIFUL FLOPPER READY TO FLY

[​IMG]

Tim Stevens Michigan based Top Alcohol Funny Car team will debut their beautiful ‘Flopper’ on the track this weekend at the Division 3 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event held at O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Scott Richmond- President of Michfab, along with partner Craig Chopp and Jim Simon- President of Tailored Building Systems, are thrilled with their respective company’s involvement as major sponsors with Stevens and the NHRA.

Michfab and Tailored sponsored the car’s unique paint job. It is not the typical car in the NHRA that is focused on sponsor stickers and logos. Instead, this car will focus on art and “attitude”. Richmond’s passion for car racing and the vision for his company’s sponsorship is two fold.

The first time he walked into the pit of a funny car event he caught the bug. “There’s nothing like it,” states Richmond, a native of Spring Lake, MI. “Anyone who’s been there knows the contagious effect.”

Richmond believes without the fans as sponsors there would be no NHRA or funny car racing. “The cars and drivers would have no reason to come out of the race shop” says Richmond. “That’s why there are no big name sponsor stickers all over this car. There is no doubt about the importance of the larger corporate sponsors, as in any professional sport, but it’s also about the sponsorship of the fans…so why not let the fans be sponsors as well and a true part of this team?”

Therefore, Richmond has come up with the idea of a website where fans of any age can log on and become a sponsor of Tim Stevens Funny Car.

Any fan that logs on to their website to become a sponsor of Tim Stevens, will be on the inside track and get up to the minute results. They will be a part of the crew, team, and have and opportunity to truly understand what goes on before, during and after a race.

This team is not only part of drag racing, but also numerous other local activities. To this end 10 percent of all the sponsorship proceeds will go to one of Richmond’s other passions- Big Brother’s and Big Sisters’ of America. Each sponsor will have an opportunity to have their portion go to either the local or national chapter of BB/BS.

To become a sponsor of this team, please visit http://www.4Rfans.com .

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

wow

O la la, what a beauty!:)

3. Paul Noakes

Paul Noakes Member

What A Beauty!

Hats off to Tim and the rest of the crew for such a beauty. Tim has always paid attention to detail and by the looks of this hot rod he's done it again.
    Congrats and good luck this weekend!
    Scott great idea with the website.
    Noakesy

4. Chopper

Chopper New Member

Right behind ya

Proud to be part of Team Stevens, and Team Michfab. Even though I'm Scott's partner, I don't think he'll give me any of the cool SWAG unless I become a sponsor myself, so to 4RFANS.COM I GO!!!!! Me an my little bro (BBBS) Juan.:D

5. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

6. Jagger

Jagger Member

Beautiful ride Tim! Can not wait to get you at an Earth Shaking Event! Good luck this weekend!

JAGGER NAVES