Taking advantage of!!!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by secondwindracing, Feb 7, 2008.

1. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

people taking advantage of people...I just recived a thrust bearing and 2 thrust washers for a cam, I was charged $56.80 for this!!!!!went down to my local bearing co. and had them look up the same parts and it is going to cost me a whole whappin $7.35..this sucks..and they said at $7.35 they were making good money..go figure..the co. I ordered them from for $56.80 is a well knowin co. and before you say it I know it's my own fault...:confused:Dave

2. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

3. secondwindracing

thanks WJ..dave

4. mark6052

mark6052 Member

just sent my clutchcan back to get recert, 264 dollars, just to look at a metal can and see its not damaged. it sat on a shelf the last 2 years! and I get to send it back next year? what a racket.

5. eli

eli Banned

You think thats bad? I remember PAYING $250.00 FOR
    a can. :eek:

6. secondwindracing

and I thought a wife was expensive:eek:..I hope she don't see this post:D

7. michael hall

michael hall New Member

I know alot of this is for OUR safety, but damn! There are some guys out there that blow up alot of stuff and put alot of wear and tear on their stuff, and for their safety, this is a must. But some of us who don't run that much, never blow up our stuff, and just run the car "fat and lazy", we get nailed like a prom date. I have too much to live for to skimp on safety. But for us little guys who spend countless hours and paychecks on our hobby, give us a break. My car doesn't say Castrol or Schumacher Racing down the side. I'm sitting on my sponsor right now, it's a trifold wallet in my back pocket!

8. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

Amen brother. I fully agree that if a part is hurt, it should be flagged by the track and sent in. But parts don't go bad sitting on the shelf. Seat belts don't go bad from normal use. The list goes on.

9. thjts

thjts New Member

Agreed. Down here in New Zealand we get to run maybe 6 or 7 meetings each season IF we can afford it! Our dollar exchange rate with the USD sucks, so we try to make our gear last as long as possible. All this recertification/replacement is because of insurance companies. They have too much say, or the sanctioning bodies pay them too much attention...

10. OwnBlock

OwnBlock Member

Hey thjts I see you work for air firm, do you have access to the machine shop ?

11. eli

eli Banned

There are ulterior motives to the madness, IMHO, its part safety, and a bigger part for the rich that can afford to get there stuff checked every year, if you cant afford to do this every year ,or even every other year, eventually your going to say F%#@ this $hit and quit, so only the rich can afford to race, ever notice that the rich guys have all the say in what goes on in the rule department. if they cant beat you fair and squire then they money you to death. like Force kept breaking his cars so, he says I'll spend $ 2.000000 dollars and build a safer car, my brother bult that same style car (The Italian Way) back in 1974 triple rail "bullshit" no one Else had a problem except his team so why dose every one have to spend more money now just because one team has a problem, why don't they just get a new chassis builder. HEAT TREAT THIS!!! A$$WIPE I have lost all respect for the force team. :mad:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  12. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

McMaster-Carr is a GREAT source for "industrial" items applied to racing, such as thrust bearings, etc. Cost a LOT less cuz they don't know its for a race car!

13. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

We used to get ours from a local electric motor repair/bearing supply house.

we then started to turn them out of brass washers or solid rd stock, this way you have more freedom on cam location ft/bk and endplay.

14. thjts

thjts New Member

Sure. I'm guessing you need something done? I'm going to Hastings on Thursday to build my new chassis, and then the Finals at FAD so I won't be online much. I'm crewing for Ian Deboo this season if you want to catch up with me there. If you can't find him/us, look for an 'Acid Rush' BA falcon ute with a F/C chassis on top (hopefully)!