* Supercharger Throttle Stop? *

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by MoparMartian, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MoparMartian

MoparMartian Member

I have a Littlefield 1471 KB Hemi, Enderle Injection w/morse type cable throttle. I plan on running in a "Quick 16" type category, which is just a fast bracket class. Since this is "Electronics" racing, I must leave the line at a consistent RPM with the crossover feature enabled.
    I've heard 2 steps are not really an option on a blown motor so I bought one of the ACD products for setting the throttle. (Like a throtte stop)

1.) This thing is huge and cannot hang off the Enderle hat..(It's just too long)

Has anyone else used this kind of device and where the heck did you mount it?

2. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Hello Mopar Martin,

Is this car using a powerglide with a probrake? if so we can set you up.

I helped fastavenger588 with his car last year it is a 14/71 hemi with an air throttle delay box auto trans, It was not my car I just helped tune and wire stuff on it so I don't remember the maker of the air (Co2) cylinder. I think it was daedenbear TS 15, as I say it was not my car and my memory sucks anyway :eek:

Anyhow I am sure Mike ( fastavenger588 ) will remember the part manufacturer and maybe he can snap a photo and e-mail it to you.

Now when we got the air throttle we wanted to be able to have the throttle work normally when driving around backing up etc. and only be actuated during the tree, the people who sold the part were unable to tell us how to do this. I was able to use two relays hooked into the backup switch and transbrake to allow the air throttle to work in this fashion, if you want to PM me your e-mail address I will be happy to send you a PDF with the wiring instructions.

Richard Gavle

3. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

4. MoparMartian

MoparMartian Member

* Yes... this is an ACD Throttle Control *

I bought the Co2 bottle, lines and throttle stop from ACD products. They could not help me with the setup other than saying other people make special brackets, etc.... It is a Powerglide car with Pro Brake.
    I'm interested in something that makes sense and not "Jury Rigged".
    I would also like to be able to use the toe hook on the throttle pedal to ensure we can shut the butterflys off.. (For safety) This is my wifes car and I don't really want to hurt her.. so it must be safety first.

5. Andy C

Andy C Member

6. Kevin O'Dell

Kevin O'Dell Member

2 steps are used pro mods so I would think they would work for you also.

7. superpro453

superpro453 Member

I agree that the ACD device is too big to hang off the injector. We mounted ours on the pedal end of the cable. That way it sits on it's own bracket. Just have to make sure it travels freely.
    The cylinder 'lengthens' the throttle cable when the transbrake is on so that the throttle only part opens. When the transbrake is off (and the air is on), the throttle acts normally.
    I must admit that we hadn't considered what happens if we lose air pressure and then get a hung throttle.....

8. pete9857

pete9857 Member

controller

We have ours on the hat with the throttle cable anchor on a custom made bracket on the rear of blower. This way if you have to work on your engine in a hurry, you can disconnect the whole set-up and lay it against the wing stand. This keeps the cable, etc. away from the mag on our hemi. Been doing like this for years.

Glenn TD3131

9. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

The Daedenbear unit also lengthens with Co2 and retracts to normal length with an internal spring if you had a hung throttle and it took more pressure than the internal spring could provide to override the condition then you would not be able to resolve the problem by toehooking the throttle. When mounted at the injector the only force it would have to overcome would be that of the hat itself as opposed to mounting at the pedal end where if the morse got pinched bent etc then it would have to overcome this to close the throttle.

Not saying either one is right, just pointing out the differences.

PS.

On a glide equipped car with a pro-brake unless you use something to control the current from the transbrake to the air throttle then anytime the brake is applied like backing up the air throttle is retracted so if it fails and the drivers foot is accidently applying partial throttle then if the circuit ever fails the throttle will snap open:eek:

I have designed a system with a couple of relays to defeat this problem, it also allows you to apply the trottle in reverse in case you have a really loose converter or just like to show off;)

PM me a e-mail address and I will send a PDF of the setup.

10. JT Heslink

JT Heslink New Member

On our old dragster we mounted the ACD cylinder on the pedal to reduce the amount of stuff on the motor. However on our current altered we have it mounted on a custom bracket on the hat mounting studs since there is no room in the cockpit for it.

11. fcsteve69

fcsteve69 Nostalgia FC

Here is a picture of mine. Clutch car. Works Great.

[​IMG]