Sponsor Flight

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by nitrohawk, Dec 29, 2008.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

If you read NHRA web site you would never know that there is an exodus of sponsors like never before. If you want to know what is going on don.t bother looking at their web site. Its like if we don't talk about it will go away.
    Maybe they think the head in the sand is the best policy but I think the average racer is hungry to know what is happening with our racing future as the economy crumbles around us. There might be a few people or companies that will not suffer but they are way n the minory. If you think you are immune from the desolving economic situation better look around. Yesterday I was returning from Dallas to Houston. Just north of Houston on I-45 has always been miles of auto dealerships. Guess what? They are just about all gone now. Looks like a ghost town along the Freeway now. It is sad to think about all the good jobs that left just this area. Houston is one of the better economic areas in the country but will surly be affected anyway. I am not advocating that NHRA or anyone else hit the panic button but they need to be as informative as possible and not just issuing statments of bussiness as usual and not wait for the burst panel to blow and shut everything down.
    If the economy is going to have an impact on your racing plans for the coming year let us hear from you.
    As for our team we are just going to play it by ear. Our ability to race will be impacted for many reasons but we are just taking a wait and see attitude.
    Bob Holley