Sonoma=lack Of Participation

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by nitrohawk, Jul 31, 2008.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Anyone else notice there was only 14 TAD there. I have my own thoughts as to why but maybe someone can elabarate as to why the low car count.
    I think it has been pretty good in the past.

2. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Economy?
    Fear of the NIVER Juggernaut...

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

$2,000 for a 55 gallon drum of nitro with only 40 gallons in it.

Don Hudson's name on the TA/FC entry list.

Lotsa things scared people away.

4. troysitko

troysitko New Member

A lot of races in a row I would guess. There was also a national open meet that same weekend close to Seattle, some chose to go that way.

5. ITS IN MY BLOOD

It was because,......not all had the availability to a haybailer, and swather..

what a freaking hayfield, barnhouse effect to deal with,..
    all we needed was a weather vane and a couple of roosters.
    must have bailed 3 bails of hay with the system 1 oil filter,...:eek:

farmageddon

6. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

At least this weekend the alky cars at Sonoma get to move from the farm back to the city. Awfully nice of all the fuel cars to roll out and leave the nice paved spots for the alky cars :cool:

7. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Thats a good one Frankie. (Back to the city) I have never been to Sonoma but we have the same thing here in Houston. MOST of the Top Alcohol cars pit here on the grass which is not so bad unless it rains like last year. Took us three hrs to get out and then had to be pulled with cat ft loader.
    Don't think the three races in a row had much to do with the low car count as the Denver race does not even run the Alcohol cars. I think maybe it has more to do with the 5.00 deisel prices and the 2000 42 gal nitro prices. Don't know if you have read the latest news on Competition Plus (Torco) web site
    but it is very interesting. Now it seems that NHRA is getting into the NiTRO bussiness as they are rumored to have bought two containers. Of course after their and VP mark up will still be sold for 1800 a barrel which with tax is about 2000 dollars. I personaly have drawn my line in the sand here.

8. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Nitro, are you going to park the car?

Ive been to Houston 3 times. The grass is pretty nice, until you drop a can nut or something and cant find it ;)

9. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Northwest cars had the Woodburn divisional the same weekend as Denver. So guys like Clint Thompson had that, then Seattle, then Sonoma. I don't think he stayed for the divisional this weekend. I do understand that Jay Payne stayed over, which is kind of a rare D7 appearance by him.

10. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Frankie,
    We are probably going to make Dallas Nat. and one more divisional race and then see what happens. There is a possibility of some sponsor money but not holding my breath. The price of diesel and nitro just about clipped our wings as we pay for everything out of our own pocket. I'm sure we are not alone here. Just in the last year the cost of running an a-fuel car has doubled. In the old days we could at least run a few match races or local top fuel races to give us a little cushion but not now anyway with the TAD. It is a shame to as there are enough good running TAD's around the div. 4 area to put on a hell of a show if we only had someone willing to promote them. Maybe I'll take a look at that!