Some pics from today in gainesville!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by outlawjack, Feb 24, 2007.

1. outlawjack

outlawjack New Member

2. Nappy

Nappy New Member

the funny car team that you said was the only one to talk to you, was the only car that was not running this weekend he just came for the chassis cert.. The rest of us were busy working on our cars and if not working talking stratagy. It was nothing against you but we are all chassing points and none of us had the time to stop and chat during qualifying. I'll make sure that from now on somebody talks to every camera guy/girl that comes by every pit, we will just put that racing stuff on hold. I mean the fans are the only reason why we are here.

3. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

You cant be serious Nappy,

4. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Geez Nappy lighten up. I dont think Annette meant it as a slam. Maybe they run things a bit differently in D2 than they do here in D7, but even as slow as I can be between rounds, after I am done servicing the car I can still find time to talk to people. I wont stop what I am doing if I am in the middle of servicing the car but I will at least verbally respond to somebody. Ive worked on a division championship winning car and a perennial top 10 D7 finisher ( no easy task ) in the past.

5. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

Fan Friendly Funny Cars

I'm sure you're timing must have been off because I have always stopped for a fan.This weekend I answered questions and talked shop with dozens.Consider this a personal invite to come by and see us at any Div 2 race or Matchrace .... Shooting Star TAFC ,,PS some of us have even relocated from Div 1 to get some of this beautiful weather!! look forward to meeting you. Bill Naves

6. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

You never know if the fan you spend ninety seconds talking with as your servicing the car. Just so happens to own a multi million dollar business and may want to "help out" ($$) A team that invested a few moments answering a simple question or two.

7. mister know it all

mister know it all New Member

when we set up at the track, we welcome anyone and everyone. like you said you never know who that person is, last year we had twin 5 year old brothers come over with a picture of the car doing a massive burn out and wanted the driver/owner to sign the pictures. those kids were in heaven!

8. Witchdoctor 1967 Chevelle

Nappy, Go take a Nap! I hope you dont have any sponsors!

9. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Very good point. Just look at Troy Buff as a recent example. He took a few minutes out of his day at the track several years ago to talk to somebody who now has him driving a Top Fuel car. Then while driving the Top Fuel car he made a point to make a young fans day by talking to him and posing for a pic. That led to Troy running the Finals at Pomona last year with sponsorship from the boy's father. Its always a good thing to talk to people every so often.

Now with as many people as I have talked to over the years, where is my Top Fuel or Top Alcohol ride :D

10. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Nappy fortunetly 90% of the Alky racers I know are More friendly than that.

11. eli

eli Banned

We were right next to that funny car, mater of fact i set the barral valve for them, and i didn't see any one come to our pit to talk, Gene Terenzio Sr. :rolleyes:

12. tad374

tad374 New Member

fans

i have helped Frank Manzo for over 20 years off and on. And evertime a fan would come up and ask for Frank or the Driver i would go tell Frank and he would always stop what he was doing or atleast tell me to tell them he will be right there and he ALWAYS was right there and still does to this day that is what Drag Racing is about isnt every ticket is a pit pass???

13. eli

eli Banned

14. yellowbullet

yellowbullet New Member

that was cool:cool:

15. Blown and Injected

Blown and Injected New Member

16. pmbuick

pmbuick Member

that Scotty Mac he's the man

:cool: my man Scotty is the most dedicated member of our team. Sick with the flu all weekend he never missed a beat!

17. eli

eli Banned

Ya, and he got us home in record time, 95 MPH. true 3 states, i had to change my shorts 4 time's! ;) lol

18. Scotty Mac

Scotty Mac TAFC

You mean that the blue sign with "95" on it wasn't the speed limit?:confused:

19. michael hall

michael hall New Member

NO Scotty!!! So that's why I couldn't catch you going down Rt 176!!!