So who to order pistons from

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by T-Wrecks, Aug 24, 2021.

1. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks Member

My build…. Big block Chevy
    10.2 deck. 6.620 rods. 1.435 CH. 1.094 pins x .250 wall. 4.250 stroke. 4.500 bore. With as cast 1802 Big Dukes. .060 gasket thickness. Will be a 14-71 Fowler F11 on Indy manifold. Should make a little bit of steam. My last build was from Jim Oddy and he used Venolia and that’s no longer an option. I was thinking Bill Miller. What do you guys think?

2. Slow Ride

Slow Ride New Member

Diamond has a nice set of blower pistons for a BBC. I run them with no problems .

3. Smiley Cordero

Smiley Cordero New Member

I've used Diamond and JE on an alcohol twin turbo big tire car and never had issues with either.

4. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Need to be careful with diamond. If you don't specify weight of the piston you'll end up with some extremely heavy pistons. And they won't exchange them.

5. gordon tarbell

Call Tim at Race Tech down in So Cal. Just started using their stuff and have had good luck.

6. AA Performance

AA Performance New Member

You wont have an issue with BME as with CP. Have been using CP on 90% engines with nil issues. Must say that on my first set of custom Diamond didn't impress me. I would think that with your application it will be a custom set and if it was me I would go with a 6.700 rod and a lighter piston and it would stay in the bore at BDC. ORS are no propblem. If you run buttons, they can beat up the oil rails.
    Can you tell me if the Indy intake has the blower set back at all and does the plenum have much volume in it? Can you give me the size of the ports at the gasket area please. They look like a decent cast manifold. Thanks.