screw blower- intake temps- nitrous

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blownapex, Dec 3, 2017.

1. blownapex

blownapex Member

how much nitrous does it take to lower intake temps 15 degree
    on a screw blown hemi at 128od
    and who has tried it

2. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

24-28 nos jet and must enrich the fuel system when engaged otherwise you will bang the blower and use a nos solenoid of course.

3. TOL

TOL Active Member

So that’s about a 100 hp shot into the hat, which drops the discharge temp by 15 F? Am I tracking correct here?

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Seems to me that it is a lot simpler and safer to get a methanol spray bar installed in the hat

5. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

Yes correct. When we did it we dropped almost 25-30 degrees and went from 199 mph to 204-205 mph

6. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

Who makes the best spray bar?

7. blownapex

blownapex Member

tol is this 24-28 jet enough to see g meter jump up any at all
    in high gear

8. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Rage fuel systems ..... with Don Jackson atomizer nozzles. Get it all from Mike at Rage and he will install and flow the system also if you want it done. He has dyno verifiable proof that a spray bar creates horsepower.

9. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

I like mike a lot but his time frames are very slow. Can take months before he is done if your not a priority.

10. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

That’s the problem with being the best at what you do. ..... long line of world champions waiting on his services. However, now that his son Tommy is here working with him he has , in the last few months, added 3 New cnc machines and other equipment to make parts quicker. Delivery on new pumps , as long as the customer doesn’t hold him up with changes, is 2 to 3 weeks. A spray bar installed in your hat can be turned around in two weeks or less. Just don’t make the mistake of telling Mike you’re not in a hurry.... discus a delivery date with Mike , pay when you say you are going to pay , and don’t change the order mid process and it’s plenty easy to get parts and service. There is a reason that John Force racing , Schumacher Racing , Tim Wilkerson , and many other professional teams use his pumps and products .....

11. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

I agree with Jody, I told Mike I wasn't in a hurry and changed my setup a few times...but it's been a blessing as he has found more and more hp the longer I have left my stuff with him :) Mike's spray bar deal is awesome though.