Sad News, Doug Moody

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by KEITH CLARK, Jun 12, 2006.

1. KEITH CLARK

KEITH CLARK Member

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:08 PM
    To: DragRacersInc@yahoogroups.com
    Cc: NitroGeezers@yahoogroups.com; Mike Rice; Doug Moody; Robert Casper
    Subject: Sad News

Today Northwest Drag Racer Doug Moody age 59 passed away this morning in Torrance California. No other details at this time. He had been in the hospitalized. But had returned home.

As some of you know he Ran a (Very fast and immaculately prepared) Northwest Alcohol Blue Rentex Corvette Funny car from Edmonton Canada along with partner Steve Clark. They were sponsored by Rentex from Edmonton. Doug was in a chair from crash in 1976 after a Chute failure at the World Finals at Ontario Speed way.
    Doug never consider himself as having a handicap. After years rehab helped and encouraged by his friend Bobby Casper and Doug's wife Chris. Doug went back to school and got his degree in Electronics. He was in charge of the Eldelbrocks Electronic Division in Torrance California.

Doug would of been 60 in September.

Doug and I got to be very good friends prior to his crash. We had a great deal of fun running the Pro Comp Circuit in the Division 6. He and I were racing each other when he had his crash.

Rest in Peace My Friend Doug Moody. I will never forget you.

please pass on to other groups.

Wayne King
    aka The Peregrine

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I never knew him but I knew of him. I remember the crash, too.

Many people would have retreated into their own self pitty, but he grabbed himself up by the bootstraps and made the best of a bad situation.

RIP, May God Bless.

Randy

3. was R4K

was R4K Member

Used to enjoy talking with him over at Billy Williams' shop in Gasoline Alley. Was a sad way for a racer to end his career- As for the "munchkin" we still have you in our thoughts!

4. denise

denise New Member

Doug Moody was a friend from our youth in Lethbridge, Alberta. My husband was his best man at his first wedding to Brenda and he was best man at our wedding in 1971.

He was a "big" man in many ways, not only in height but in his attitude, his approach to life.

Although we hadn't seen him in years and years, he remained a friend in our hearts. I spoke to him a few times over the years, too few I now realize.

Rest in peace, Doug. You will be missed.

5. Lyle Larson

Lyle Larson New Member

6. Lyle Larson

Lyle Larson New Member

Hard to believe it was 40 years ago. Douglas worked out of my shop in "Gasoline Alley" after the crash. Doug was so smart. Canada gave us their best Doug Moody, Dale Armstrong, and Billy Williams, all were in Gasoline Alley. I was very fortunate to have them as friends. RIP Guys.