Rolling pin

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Trickie67, May 31, 2014.

1. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

I am running a offset drive with pro mag 20 and the rolling pin has already sheared twice and someone said to use solid one. So is it safe to use like that or to continue using rolling pin?
    Thanks

2. LeWhite

LeWhite BB/Alt

I think its called a bridge pin. It has a slight taper maybe about 2deg and needs a taper reamed hole to stay put.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

That surely would indicate there is a problem. If you go to a solid pin then something is going to wear out or fail real fast. One way of finding out what is causing it.

4. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

The first time it happen was because the offset shaft was so dry and very hard to turn so I took it apart and cleaned up and relube the shaft. And it works fine till today when try to start it up and it did backfire due to still fuel in cylinder so they think is what caused it to shear a little till I try to do the burn out and it killed the motor and for some reason I knew it was the pin again so I took it out and true enough it was. I never had that problem with my old engine in my mustang and now this new engine is in a 23T altered.