Rod size

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by harrisracing, Apr 20, 2013.

1. harrisracing

harrisracing Member

Have heard some talk of having the front 2 rods being shorter than others on a blown 526 alchohol hemi with fuel heads..Any thoughts on this? Thanks Randy:

2. TopDragster182

I am interested in this as well. I have heard similar things about using shorter rods in certain cylinders, but from what I heard and saw with one motor it was holes 5 & 6. I guess in those holes the piston doesn't dwell at TDC as long as the other holes. This should increase piston speed though in the those cyliners, thus loading the skirts more. At least this is my thought. I would love to hear what other people have to say about this!

3. Xfuel

Xfuel New Member

working for several different fuel teams building shorties ive seen aot of different combos. most were the same across the right bank with cylinders 1 and 3 being short, number 5 being the same as the right bank, and 7 in between the two. ive seen and built many a screw bullets with short 1 and 3 cylinders as well

4. Xfuel

Xfuel New Member

the staggered rack heights were mostly a function of tune up. men well above my pay grade figured the actual heights out (AJ). but most engines followed the above rack scnario for the most part. i have never built an engine with 8 rods and pistons of the same height and i averaged 125 a year for 8 years.

5. Xfuel

Xfuel New Member

typical scenario:

225 275

225 275

275 275

255 275

of course this is a flat top roots fuel engine