Robertson Heading Back to Route 66 Ready for a Little Chi-Town Hustle

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 25, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Robertson Heading Back to Route 66 Ready for a Little Chi-Town Hustle

Harrison TWP. MI. … Todd Robertson will be back behind the wheel of his TA/FC this weekend; competing at the 17th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 Nationals just outside of Chicago in Joliet, IL. Robertson and his Eaton backed team are returning to Route 66 just a few weeks separated from his last outing, the NHRA North Central Division “Burn down at Sundown”.

After their last outing the Michigan based team stayed in Joliet to test and after the results they are excited to be heading back.

“The more familiar we get with the guys we run with, the more you get to spend time talking shop with them. There’s guys out here with 15-20 years of specific knowledge that make a living because of this industry but if they see you need a hand they will drop what they are doing to help you fix something, make a round, or even just give you some pointers to help your progression. We were lucky enough to have the guys from Torque MGMT of Champaign, IL come by the last time we were in Chicago and point out some stuff and kinda be an extra set of eyes for us when we stayed to test. I think we may have just gotten that “shot in the arm” we needed. We’ll see this weekend,” said Crew Chief Dennis Kolomyjec.

While the weeks of preparation before any national event are always packed with hard work this year was a lot less stressful than the last time the Eaton team prepared for this event. Robertson spent nearly a month away from home criss-crossing several states collecting and repairing parts in order to compete at last season’s Route 66 Nationals.

“It was something,” said Team Owner/Driver Todd Robertson. “I’m not going to lie it was fun. Doing it and focusing solely on racing for that period of time while seeing parts of our great country that I had never seen before was a great experience but, when it was all said and done I was glad to get home to my wife and my boy. Because of that experience, I guess we will always call this part of our schedule the “Chi-Town Hustle”, joked Robertson.

Robertson and his Eaton corporation backed Pro Power Top Alcohol Funny Car team will compete in the 17th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 Nationals at historic Route 66 Raceway outside of Chicago in Joliette, IL this June 26-29. To follow all the action, log onto http://www.dragracecentral.com or you can follow along at NHRA.com. The first rounds of qualifying for the Alcohol classes will be Friday at 11:30 AM and then again at 3:00 PM. The final round of qualifying is set for 2:30 PM Saturday with Final eliminations set to begin at 9:00 AM Sunday.

Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.