Regional Champ Booher Ready for Challenge at Cavalcade of Stars

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, May 14, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Regional Champ Booher Ready for Challenge at Cavalcade of Stars

NORWALK, Ohio (May 14) – Reigning NHRA North Central Region Top Alcohol Dragster champion Brandon Booher returns to Summit Motorsports Park this weekend for his second Lucas Oil Series regional event. The now-storied Mickey Mart Rewards Cavalcade of Stars event, May 16-18, is known for sold-out crowds of almost 50,000 fans, but it has also become one of the largest regional events in the country in terms of car counts. Booher expects to compete against a packed field of challengers from around the country this weekend.

“I think it's going to be a tough field. With the A/Fuel rule changes and the projected forecast being cooler temperatures, it's going to be especially tough. It wouldn't surprise me if we have sixteen to twenty cars fighting for eight spots. It will be important for us to go A to B on the first qualifying run so we can put a good number on the board and have something to build on for the following sessions,” said Booher, who was the No. 1 qualifier at last year's Cavalcade of Stars.

The three-time regional event winner is coming off of a runner-up finish at the Four-Wide Nationals in Charlotte and a first round loss at the Indy regional event just a few weeks ago.

“We made some changes after Indy to improve performance,” Brandon noted. “I'm confident going in that my car will pick up where we left off on Q1 at Charlotte, where we can bang off a low 5.3 right off the bat. It's going to take at least that just to qualify this weekend.”

Another factor Booher and his AB Construction team must consider is the weather. With cool temperatures and daily cloud cover compounding the already-cool evening qualifying sessions, the versatile driver-tuner will have his work cut out for him.

“It's sort of a double-edged sword. The track is known for being excellent. On the other hand, the cool ambient temperatures during the day will make it hard to get enough heat in the track by the time we run. It could be a tricky track to get down. I almost hope that it is tricky because that's an area that I'm well-versed in with the power management aspect. Whatever we're facing, we'll make it work,” Booher concluded.

The Mickey Mart Rewards Cavalcade of Stars presented by Budweiser is one of the few events where the Top Alcohol drivers and teams are the stars of the show. Festivities will begin on Friday at 6 PM with pre-race ceremonies and driver introductions, followed by a 7 PM qualifying session. Brandon will participate in the track autograph session at 1 PM before driver intros at 3:30 and qualifying sessions at 4 and 8 PM. Eliminations begin at 1 PM on Sunday. For tickets and event information, visit www.summitmotorsportspark.com.

ABOUT BOOHER RACING
    Booher Racing is a father-son NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team led by owner/crew chief Aaron Booher and his son, driver/tuner Brandon Booher. The AB Construction team holds the title of quickest and fastest torque converter-equipped vehicle in the world. The 2013 NHRA North Central TAD Regional champion-winning Booher Racing team receives support from Motorsports Unlimited Performance Parts Distributors, Spitzer Enterprises, Bell Helmets, Torque MGMT, and PK Construction.

Follow Booher Racing on Facebook (www.facebook.com/booherracing), Twitter (www.twitter.com/booherracing), and Instagram (www.instagram.com/booherracing).