red alert egt system

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by fasttimesracing, Mar 18, 2007.

1. fasttimesracing

what are your alls thoughts on them or any egt system? is it worth doing to get the most out of the motor and to watch what the fuel system is doing to it?

2. streethot

streethot New Member

i have two of them installed on small blocks....one with nitro and another with alky.....works great....if it had 1 or 2 press sensors would be great for low cost data systems......:)

3. underby6

underby6 Active Member

We have something like that on our car....8 of them most days.....NGK makes it, I think it's a spark plug.... Just kidding, it's nice to see what the car is in idling at and at stage as well. We use Racepak, but on our bracket car we have a BG system that seems to work just fine.
    Brandon

4. Raymond Raaymakers

Raymond Raaymakers New Member

Of course if you are on a real budget you could simply go and visit your local welding store and purchase some "temp sticks", like a crayon, you simply paint a blob on your header about 1 " from the port, when it blisters you have reached that temp.

If you buy one say at 650F and then another at 1050F and put 2 blobs on each of the headers you have the worlds cheapest data logger and of course you can keep upping the temps until your plugs show you when to stop.

Old school, but it does work.

Cheers Ray.

5. blownalky557

blownalky557 New Member

I use the Altronics Red Alert EGT monitoring system, works real well for tuning.

6. fasttimesracing

i am thinking it would really help with the fuel systems . i know you have to watch the plugs and rod bearings but after you figure out the temp where the motor likes to run it should be something to watch and help out some. any imfo is really helpful. thank you guys very much

7. streethot

streethot New Member

the only thing i do not like on this data logger is the junction boxes, (there are two of them)....every run i need to pull body out and re-screw all conections on pyrometers side...and 2 runs the pyrometer number 4 shoot the warning light ´cause it was disconnected...now i have changed connections to computer db-25 for each 4 pyrometers set...soldered with a proper base to hold it..........for a less shaking car i think it wouldnt be a real problem.....our car bends, shakes and kicks a lot....real trick......

8. fasttimesracing

yeah i do mud drags . my scoop tires shake the hell out of you till you start spinning them hard:) . i think i may try it