Racepak Guru's

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bob Alberty Jr., Mar 11, 2015.

1. Bob Alberty Jr.

Racepak guru's,
    My dad ran a 2000/3000 on an alky funny car up until 2006, sold the car, but pulled the computer off, and put it on the shelf where it has been every since.
    He brought it up to me this evening, with plans of putting it on my blown alcohol top dragster.

It will record
    8 Exhausts
    3 Pressures
    G Meter
    Drive Shaft PRM
    Engine RPM

Question one would be, since it was run with a magneto (MSD44) , and I run an MSD GRID distributor, is it compatible?
    I seem to remember when he bought it, it came off a distributor equipped pro mod, and we had to send it in to have something changed.

Part b of the same question, I know the modern racepak's wont start recording until they see engine rpm, will this earlier model work without an rpm signal? I can record rpm off of the grid. If it will record without an rpm signal, at least I could use the rest of the data collected.

Question 2 is the software for the 2000/3000 is on a disc, not a c.d., so could like a geek squad type place put the software on my laptop, and would it work with todays operating systems? Dad did bring me his laptop which is the one he used.

Found a good place to mount it so that all the cables I have on hand will reach. the only thing I see I will need is some -4 line to plumb the pressure transducers, and the coil pick up that the fiber optics attach to. But before I drill a single hole to start mounting it all, just wanted to make sure it would be usable.

Thanks for reading,

2. crdafoe

crdafoe Member

If the older Racepak software isnt supported (won't run) on Windows 7/8, you can install XP Mode on your Win 7/8 machine and run the XP-compatible application in an XP virtual machine window.