R.I.P. DAVID CARROLL (Dad)

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by jeff_7306, Jun 20, 2010.

1. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

It is with sad regret and a heavy heart that I must inform the racing community that a Southern California Pro Gas icon has passed away. David Carroll passed away Thursday night while on vacation in Montana with his wife Sharon. Dad was a veteran of So Cal Pro Gas from its inception. He campaigned the same 54' Corvette through the years, has raced in at least one Pro Gas race in every year of So. Cal Pro Gas's 32 years. David was also very well known in the alcohol racing community. He will be truly missed.

At this point, a memorial service to celebrate David’s life will be held in Santa Barbara on Saturday June 26th. The exact location and time will be posted as soon as available.

God Speed Dad /My friend/ My racing partner/ My mentor

Jeff & Ann Carroll

2. mike mosby

mike mosby New Member

Sorry for your loss

Sorry to here about your dad Jeff, He was a good man and a good person, Always enjoyed talking to him in Jay and Arleys pit. Always had a smile on his face. He really enjoyed life. Going to miss him and his 54' ragtop! Sorry for your loss. Mike Mosby

3. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

Memorial / Celebration date and time.

Elks Lodge 150 North Kellogg Avenue, Santa Barbara, CA 93111-1648 (805) 964-6858

Were set for Sunday the 27th at Noon. Memorial / Celebration. Hot Rods welcome.

Casual attire.

Jeff

4. Sean Bellemeur

Sean Bellemeur Jr. Dragster

Jeff,

We're very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad! Prayers to you and your family.

SB

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

So sad. I spoke to him whenever I saw him in the staging lanes. As a '54 Corvette owner we always had a lot to talk about. Gonna miss him.

RIP and may God Bless, my friend.

RG

6. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

No problem. Dad was just over 70 and had addison's disease for over 33 years. It was a massive heart attack. His arteries were getting thinner by the day.

I wrote a few words about Dad for his memorial/celebration:

Thank you for coming out today to remember dad and to celebrate his life. The last week has been extremely tough, but with all the love and support of all our friends and family has made this as easy as it can be at such a sad time. Dad was always there for me every second of my life that I can remember and I’m sure even the times that I don’t remember. As everyone here knows, dad was always there to lend a hand, help out with a problem (day or night) and if it was broke, he’d fix it.
    Dad was a friend to so many people, its humbling and amazing all at the same time. To live 70 years and to have touched so many people’s lives makes me proud to have had him as my dad. He was a father, a dad, a mentor, a racing buddy and a helper to me. The part that is so great about him being all those things is that he always knew the right time to be one of those people.

As the saying goes, behind every great man is a great woman, I think in this case it should be, beside a great man is a great woman.

Mom you know that you meant so much to dad, his love and support was always shown in so many different ways towards You, Lisa, myself, Ann and all his grandkids, he taught us well just by his actions. If he had a choice he would have out-lived us all, but since we don’t have that choice when we are taken, we will continue on as Dad would have wanted us to. Dads up in heaven now, his knees don’t hurt, his addison's disease is gone and he’s reunited with his other friends and family.

We have his love and a ton of memories.

Just remember one thing as we all continue on with our lives and you have a question about what you should do, how you should act or how to fix something, just say this to yourself: What would David do? There’s a good chance you’ll have the answer.

I Love you Dad

7. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

Jeff, I'm so sorry for your loss, losing your Dad can be very rough, I know it was for me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

8. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

Going to Sweden on the 29th of the month. I went to Santa Pod for their first race.

The Turner's are a great bunch of people, the car found a good home. Rob's been testing the car since I was there. He should be ready for Sweden.

Jeff

9. SlowGoat

SlowGoat New Member

So disappointing. What a nice guy. I talked to Dave a time or two when I used to go to the Pro Gas races when I was around 12 with my grandpa, Phil Parker who recently passed also. It's hard to accept all of this, then Niver too.

The 3 of them are in better place, with people like Neil.