PR-LAS VEGAS- Hillary Will wins first TAD race

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Will Hanna, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Girl Power Racing scores first ever national event win at the NHRA Summitracing.com Nationals in Las Vegas. The team is off to a strong start this season winning seven out of eight rounds contested. They have also qualified on the pole for two out of two races this year.

The dragster was strong through qualifying and four rounds of competition. The Bucky Austin-tuned Girl Power dragster ran low 5.40’s all weekend. They had the lowest ET and top speed of the entire Top Alcohol field. “I think everyone was a little surprised when we ran nearly 267 MPH in the heat of the day when the corrected altitude was 4800 ft.” Will also noted that the Red Line Oil that they use allows them to consistently turn high speeds without hurting any parts.

The key race came in the final round when they paired up against Joey Severance. “I know that the Severance team is tough and Joey is a good driver. We had no margin for error.” In front of a capacity crown the Girl Power Dragster took the stripe by about a car length and a half.

“I pulled up to the starting line and there were so many people. My crew had done their job and it was my turn to do mine. I love pressure situations; I have to stay focused and just do my job.”

Legendary drag racer Paula Murphy was with the Girl Power Team from start to finish. Murphy is a mentor and an inspiration to Will.

Will’s first win came at the same event that racing legend and team owner Don Prudhomme scored his 100th career win. “We only need 99 more wins and we will tie Prudhomme.”