PR-ENNIS- Ashley Force makes semifinals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Will Hanna, May 3, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

For Immediate Release

Contact: Mandie Yorio, (714) 921-8123, mandie@johnforceracing.com

Force Loses in Semi Finals

Ennis, Tex. – Second-generation racer, Ashley Force, lost in the semi-final round of competition to Randy Meyer at last weekend’s South Central division drag race at the Texas Motorplex.

Force, who qualified 5th, defeated Daryl Hitchman in round one by piloting her 3,000 horsepower Castrol/Hot Wheels nitro-injected dragster to a 5.402 second elapsed time.

After losing, Force’s crew chief, Jerry Darien expressed, “The track got better and the car didn’t leave hard enough off the starting line.”

“Yeah, now the world is slowing down to Ashley when she’s in the car. She’s starting to feel when things aren’t right and tells me so I can make adjustments. It’s all a part of learning and she’s definitely picking up on everything now,” Darien continued, “even though she’s still a kid a heart.”

When Darien asked before going into eliminations, “Well kid, what do you think,” the twenty-two year-old responded, “Not too much and not often. There’s not much in this head of mine.”

Ashley Force, 22, Castrol/Hot Wheels A/Fuel dragster (Top Alcohol Dragtser division).
    Qualifying position and performance: 5th at 5.433 seconds, 259.61 mph.
    Race results: Defeated Daryl Hitchman, lost to Randy Meyer.
    Notable: Ashley continues to have her best reaction times since moving into the seat of an A/Fuel dragster.

####