Poll- how much time given to a purchacer to inspect used racing parts

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by pete9857, Jul 10, 2012.

1. pete9857

pete9857 Member

Thanks for input in advance.
    Sold a used blower to a racer, he kept it for almost 2 months and now wants to return it for a full refund! ( and probably used it)
    How much time should be allowed for inspection purposes before the sale is deemed done? I think a week to 10 days is plenty.

Thank you.

2. wildman

wildman Member

I agree a week to 10 days. Especially with a blower. You can tell if something has been run through it. Bearings are an issue but if it turns over good, that's the best you can do. It's used parts. That is one risk you take as a purchaser.

3. craig moss

craig moss Member

Was it sent in to a shop to be checked out? if so it takes time but not 2 months. I'd say he bought it. SOLD I bought one several years back had it sent to RBS had it back to my door in 2 weeks

4. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Absolutely not , if he didn't call within a couple days after receiving it ---- too bad. That's just childish to expect a full refund.

5. fed-west

fed-west Member

The guy must think he bought it from Costco. LOL.

Tom

6. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

No Refund on Used Parts

I would say that as long as the seller accurately described the item AND does not represent the item to be free of defects then there should be no refund. I am sure the used blower came with a used price tag, too. If the buyer wanted a blower with no signs of use or wear, then he should buy a new blower with a new price tag. Really comes down to how the item was described to the buyer. Just my opinion.

7. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

all the race car parts I have bought has been ..ALL SALES FINAL.. take a look at e-bayyou hit the buy now button it is your's. Dave

8. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

Some idiot tells the wife " Car runs great with the new blower your husband bought. "

9. spitzerscott

spitzerscott Member

I say he bought it, it's his.

10. DQUES

DQUES Member

He owns it . Anything bought used should be inspected ASAP like within 1-2 days of receiving it to establish it is what you were told it would be .

11. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

a week...tops....or agree upon sale to send to a shop to have checked out. i say you are in the clear Glenn....you guys getting close?
    Darren

12. kiwi

kiwi New Member

returns

I applaude you guys - I sell with a right of return if faulty - pleasing to know that you all show your the same.

2 months is far too long.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012