Permatex/Follow A Dream Team Heads South to Dallas for the First Time Ever

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Oct 14, 2015.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Permatex/Follow A Dream Team Heads South to Dallas for the First Time Ever

Marstons Mills, MA-October 14, 2015-For the first time in team history, Jay Blake's Permatex/Follow A Dream will run the prestigious NHRA Fall Nationals at Dallas.

"We've always run the Houston race, but this year it fell on the same weekend as the regional at Richmond and we had to miss it," said Blake, whose first career national event victory came at Houston in 2005. "It'll be good to get back to Texas and great to race all the top cars from the West Coast."

The Follow A Dream team will be up against an all-star lineup in Dallas: every driver in the Top 10 except 10th-place Dan Pomponio will be there. "Our schedule is usually over by this time of year, so this is a real thrill," said driver Todd Veney, currently fourth in the national standings. "I've only ever raced at Dallas once - in 2000, in my second NHRA race ever. The Texas Motorplex was the first 'super track,' and I've wanted to race there ever since it was built in 1986."

Qualifying sessions are scheduled for 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Friday, with a last-ditch session set for Saturday morning at 11 a.m. The first round will be that afternoon, and eliminations conclude on Sunday. The event will be televised on ESPN2 on Saturday, Oct. 24 at 7 a.m. on ESPN2.