Peak torque causing top of low gear tire shake?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Ron C, May 5, 2014.

1. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Looking for opinions to get rid of tire shake at about 75-80% top of low gear. Sorting out new MFI ProCharger alcohol BBC in a dragster. ProCharger blower curve is like a screw blower so think in those terms.

We are launching the car at a very conservative RPM to baby the transmission until I can replace it. Can this be causing the problem? Not enough tire speed (or loading) when peak torque is hitting?

Appreciate some suggestions.

Blessings..........Ron Clevenger.......Creekside Racing Ministry..... John 14:6

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

timing

Do you run a Power Grid or something to control timing?

3. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

Seems like most cars I see do this are in trouble pretty early. Typical scenario is stick the tire, hop up, build a bunch of wheelspeed, carry it out to the tree pretty good, start to wobble the tire, then run out of power around 150 ft and drop shake the body panels off of it. Just a wild guess based on the info, but I've watched alot of these cars go down the track and the above scenario, give or take a couple details, is pretty common.

4. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

I was pulling timing at 4500 rpm (7 degrees out, not putting it back in). My son and I have discussed we may be shooting ourselves in the foot and causing this condition. Suitable transmission for the power going back in. Next time out will add some power and see if that eliminates it.

Are we on the right track?

Blessings..........Ron C