Paul Anderson Earlville wrap up

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Will Hanna, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Anderson scores first win in Earlville

EARLVILLE, Ia. - NHRA Top Alcohol Funny Car rookie Paul Anderson, one of the winningest drivers in Jr. Drag Racing history, won his first 'big car' event in only his fifth start behind the wheel of a Top Alcohol Funny Car at this past weekend's Division 5 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at Tri-State Raceway in Earlville, Ia. Anderson, hot off a runner-up finish at last weekend's O'Reilly Fall Nationals in Dallas, defeated Roger Bateman to take his first win.

Anderson, 21, of Erie, Colo., qualified his Vern Moats tuned Dodge Stratus second in the field with a 5.802 second pass at 245.94 mph during the event's original weekend, before it was postponed due to rain. Anderson received a competition bye in the first round when his scheduled opponent Andy Bohl did not return. In the semifinals, Anderson squared off with defending Division 5 Champion Cy Chesterman and took the win with a 5.789 at 248.48 mph.

Anderson's final round opponent would be the red-hot Roger Bateman. Anderson stayed consistent and took the win with a 5.827 at 243.77 mph to defeat Bateman's problem-plauged 9.37.

"I don't know what to say, but what a weekend," said Anderson. "Everything just fell in line for us. We got a bye in the first round when our opponent was a no show after the rain, but then we had to run Chesterman and Bateman, who are pretty tough hitters. We were able to make good, clean passes and they had troubles. I really owe Vern Moats and Davey Allison all the credit for our success right off the bat. My family and crew gave me a great car all weekend. The car ran great all weekend, and for the second-straight week, we didn't hurt a single part. We have to give Vern credit for that. We don't have a computer in this car. Vern just tunes it off the plugs and bearings."

With a win to his credit on the divisional level, Anderson hopes to close the year with a national win at the season-ending AAA Auto Club Finals at AAA Raceway at Pomona, Nov. 9-12.

"We're just going to keep trying to do good and finish the year off strong," stated Anderson. "In all of my Jr. Dragster victories, I never got a 'Wally' [NHRA Victory Trophy], so this win was very special to me. Hopefully we can go out to Pomona and get a 'big' Wally. Then we'll start getting ready for 2007. We're aggressively seeking backers for next year so we can run a full schedule."

To find out more about the team, visit their website at www.PaulAndersonRacing.com

Be sure to log on to DenverSteaks.com - Quality you can trust at a price you can believe!

Email: Will.Hanna@InsideTopAlcohol.com

2. Mustangjky

Mustangjky New Member

Great Job Paul.

Paul: Great job this last weekend we all knew you could do it. Can we have Hamburgers and Chicken in Pomona. Thanks your Crew.