Older Littlefield 14/71 HH

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Motorworx127, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Motorworx127

Motorworx127 Member

Thanks for the ad guys Great site. Have an older Littlefield 14/71 HH on a 565 BBC all the good stuff GRP rods Dart pro 1 365 heads Big M JE Blown ALky pistons 11.2 compression Bird with down nozzles 2.5 set back plate Pro mag 20. Blower has the large 15 inch top opening and pie bottom. SSI went thru it new bearings and strips. essentially works well. In reading this forum the guys are recommending spinning the large opening blowers higher . Im at 30 over now. should I just bite the bullet and go for an updated unit or will more overdrive actually help me. I built a MILD steel chassis drop top s10 7.50 cert and only need to run in this speed range vehicle has a glide and weighs 3100 lbs runs 4.80 range. can I get the extra outta this unit? Built the engine best of everything planning from start to get upgraded blower later. but its pretty close to my cert number now.

2. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

With that many cubic inches and the existing od could the bird be a restriction ?

3. Motorworx127

Motorworx127 Member

Sir im not really sure Spud at FIE flowed my system and was prettymuch dead on with the startup tune and told me its acceptable but marginal

4. Motorworx127

Motorworx127 Member

Also of note seems to hit an RPM wall at 7200 RPM just doesnt want to spin up much after that

5. Motorworx127

Motorworx127 Member

Well guys guess im just a dumb ass . directed the above question concerning Bird to Spud Miller who flowed my system
    Was informed that high speed is shipped upside down to prevent activation this is most likely my main concern as its likely rich up top.This may just get me where i need to be. Certainly gonna give it a go. Now have to adjust tune accordingly. Kinda new to this and no local guys but me running Blown ALky. Go figure. Thanks for the help