NHRA to give BAD 128 over

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

NHRA gives blown cars 128 over

In an ongoing effort to maintain parity in the Top Alcohol Dragster category, the NHRA Competition Committee has announced an adjustment to the maximum overdrive limit in blown alcohol dragster combinations. Effective immediately, the blower overdrive limit will be increased to 2.28 for all screw-type supercharger entries.

NOTE THIS IS EFFECTIVE THIS WEEKEND!

2. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

Right on!!!!!!!

3. nitroclovers

nitroclovers New Member

this is awsome!! NHRA is really listening! Come on B/AD's! Will this make a difference for teams that were on the fence on whether or not to attend a race? Let's hear!

4. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Its about time lets see how even the field gets now. I think it might take a few races for the blown guys to figure out how to use the new overdrive but watch out after they do. I only wish we would of had this a few races ago it would of made the championship hunt a little more intresting. Hey all you blown guys in hiding come out and join us again the water is nice. Good luck to all. Hey does anyone have the setup to make this combo yet I think most are going to have to have bottom pulleys made to get there I think 225 is the most we will see write away. The west coast boys are in elevation this weekend should be intresting to see.

5. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

HELL YA! help the Blown guys.....leave us A fools alone!

KB

6. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

good for you guys, mabey nhra will give the veney headed a/fc's more overdrive to keep up with the bae headed cars.:D

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I thought I was going to read something like "Made you look!"

Congrats to both combinations.

8. Ed Vickroy

Ed Vickroy New Member

blower over drive

Its about time NHRA trys something besides MORE safteyWeight on us A/Fool guys.

9. ITS IN MY BLOOD

good call...nhra:D

10. eli

eli Banned

Yea, and maybe they will invent the cure for cancer too! :rolleyes:

11. SUPERCRUISER

SUPERCRUISER New Member

I agree that if they are going to keep both cars in the class they need to try and get better parity. I also agree that giving more over is a better way to do this. But, how can NHRA do this 3/4 of the way thrugh the season!

12. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

You figure

Bill Rickerd has had what is prob. his greatest season so far and only leads in points by about 30 over the best blown car. There is no other car (included is all the other well funded a-fuel cars) close enough to catch O'Bannon for even second. This is just another crap shoot rule and will not result in parity but if they just had to do something I'm glad they did this. There will never be parity in a class where there are so many variables. Its hard to imagine a blower turning 24K rpm. Guess the powers to be have considered this however. Whats next turbines? Are they going to let the FC have the extra od? I hope so as it would really be a good indicator of performance gain and would help the blown dragster guys develope more liveable hp. HP doesn't seem to be the prob. here though as the blown cars have run just about as fast as the fuel cars.

13. eli

eli Banned

Consider this, NHRA knows that the exta boost will make the T/AD, run a little quicker ,but also they will blow up more stuff, and maybe get discustad, and switch or quit! :eek: :eek: ;)

14. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Nitrohawk what races have you been watching? Reichrts run of 5.18 is about a tenth better than any blown car has ever run in history so were do you get that the cars have been close. The only way I can even imagine is that you are basing this off points. The only reason thoes are close is O'Bannon has had some good luck and raced smart. Its probally a little to late this season to give O'Bannon a shot a wining the tittle but thank you NHRA for making the write choice. I also believe the blown cars will get eight hundreths out of this.

15. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

(909) 923-1028

16. race on

race on New Member

Since when does NHRA change the rules near the end of the season?

17. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Joined Sept 06, 2 posts, no real names...credibility?
    This change in no way shifts the performance advantage to blown alcohol cars - key word being advantage.

18. Bar's Leaks Clay

Bar's Leaks Clay Jr. Dragster

It is surprising to see this 3/4 way through the season especially with such a close points race. If it was not for a few mistakes with the second place team (O'Bannon), they would currently be ahead. Well nothing should be surprising with NHRA, as we all know. Sometimes it is who you know, or who you live close to, in many cases on how these things happen. I am just happy they did not detune the A/Fuel cars again. As far as racing smart, sure you can pick the races with the fewest amount of cars or try to run the weakest division and that is perfectly legal under the current rule system. But if the championship was that easy to win, then it would not be as rewarding for all involved. My bottom line feeling is good call NHRA, but bad timing.

19. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

Anyone care to throw out an e.t. prediction?

20. D. Palmer

D. Palmer TA/FC

Hey Bruce maybe I missed something but hasn't a Veney head combo won the last two world championships in TAFC?? :D
    See you at the Grove or maybe this weekend at E-town???
    Doug