need help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by DLRacing, Jul 13, 2019.

1. DLRacing

DLRacing New Member

i have a Dart Big M tall deck 509 CID, dart pro 1 345 ported heads,16-71 hh blower, i just scrap a push rod and the cup on the jesel rocker... i cant have parts before Friday, but i have test and tune session Thursday and race on Friday...
    i have an other 588 nitrous engine, Profiler 174x cnc ported heads on Merlin iii tall deck block, can i take thoes heads and install it on my 509 cid? on the profiler the valves are in stainless insted of titanium, do they gonna handle the stress of the blower?

2. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

Regular stainless exhausts lasted about 5-10 runs for me on an aggressive tuneup before they start to change shape. I’ve run them well past that they just leaked a bunch and looked terrible when I took them out. Severe duty stainless have held their shape just fine.

The nitrous heads are probably set up for a big bore. May or may not cause you an issue. If the chamber is laid back too far it could be too close to the 509 oring. If the chamber hasn’t been messed with probably fine.

3. MKR-588

MKR-588 Member

You may run into issues with valve lengths and pushrod lengths to get geometry right. Stainless valves have worked for us to around 8500RPM but you will also have to review your spring pressures. Do the profiler have standard location intake ports?

4. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

Does UPS not have overnight service to your area?