Mick Snyder Snowbird Nationals Wrap-up

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by RiverQueen, Dec 3, 2007.

1. RiverQueen

RiverQueen Moderator

Snyder Wins Snowbird Nationals

The Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels blown alcohol dragster Team owned by Evan Knoll earned its second straight Snowbird Nationals victory this past weekend. It was the first Top Alcohol Dragster win for their driver Mick Snyder. The 3 time division 3 funny car champ made his first passes in a clutch car last Wednesday and by Sunday he earned his first event victory.

“We had so much fun this weekend. I can’t say enough about Brian and the rest of this team. I have learned a lot over the last few days and I can’t thank them enough for giving me the opportunity to come down here and drive such a great car. I mean this thing was running low 40s like a bracket car,” said Snyder.

Snyder qualified #2 for the event with a 5.41 at 260 mph. In the first round, he ran a 5.43 at 259 mph to earn the win light and earn lane choice in the semi-final match-up. Second round Snyder was low ET for the round again with a 5.42 at 259 mph. This set up an all Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels final against the A-fuel car of Dyno Dave Heitzman. Snyder ran another great 5.43 at 259 mph to earn the event victory.

“This was a great weekend. We earned the win for Evan and Latrell and we had such a good time while we were doing it. The Team worked hard all weekend and that hard work paid off this evening. Mick did a great job driving for us, by the end of the weekend he was starting to look really smooth in the car. This is a great way to head into the off season,” said Brian Pfeifer, crew chief on the car.

Quick Facts

• Snyder had 2 divisional wins this season.
    • Snyder had back-to-back-to-back Top 10 finishes in the National points standings and Division 3 championships from 2004 to 2006. Snyder finished in 12th place Nationally and 2nd place Divisionally in 2007.
    • The second-generation driver earned his 3rd straight Spitzer Low Qualifier Series Championship earlier this year.
    • The Purdue University graduate represented Division 3 for the second straight year in the Jeg’s All-Star race in Joliet, Illinois earlier this year. He currently sits in 1st place in the 2008 Jeg’s All-Star standings.
    • The 15-year veteran of the sport currently runs the family owned business, Snyder Motorsports, which sells racing parts for Jr. Dragsters and full size race cars, including Lencodrive transmissions. He also is the President of McSnyder Designs.

The Team would like to thank their major sponsors Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels and Seelye – Wright Auto Group and their associate sponsors Autometer, Fatheadz Sunglasses, Hoosier Tires, Lucas Oil, NGK Sparkplugs and Powershield Coatings for their continued support this year.

The Team is owned by Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels. By logging onto www.torcoracefuels.com you can access their full line of innovative products including racing gasoline, additives, and Skull Gear.

The Team would like to send a special thank you out to all the extraordinary men and women overseas who keep help keep us safe everyday. Everything you do is appreciated more than we will ever be able to show you. We hope that each and every one of you come home safely to your friends and family.

Submitted by: Shanna Snyder-Bell
    Contact email address: Brian Pfeifer - torcoman@aol.com