Mick Snyder Snowbird Nationals Preview

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by RiverQueen, Nov 29, 2007.

1. RiverQueen

RiverQueen Moderator

Something Old, Something New

Snyder to Drive Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels Dragster​

[​IMG]

Three-time Division 3 Top Alcohol Funny Car champion, Mick Snyder, will be competing in the Snowbird Nationals this weekend in Bradenton, Florida, but for the first time in about 5 years, he will be behind the wheel of a Top Alcohol Dragster. The car owned by Evan Knoll and tuned by Brian Pfeifer is equipped with a clutch, something Snyder, who’s funny car uses a converter, hasn’t experienced in the past.

“Ever since Brian called and asked if I wanted to drive I have really been looking forward to this weekend. I was really excited to get my feet wet behind the wheel of a clutch car and after testing on Wednesday, I am feeling pretty good about it,” said Snyder.

“I haven’t been behind the wheel of a dragster in a long time, unless you count the one pass in Shan’s SC car, and one of the biggest differences between this car and mine is the steering; in the funny car I have to really turn the wheel and this is more finesse. Hopefully, we will be able to go out there and get a win for Evan and Latrell and the rest of the Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels family this weekend.”

The Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels sponsored Team won this event last year and they are hoping to repeat that feat this weekend.

“We wanted to come down here, try a few things on the car and get some more data before next season. Mick is a great driver and this would give him an opportunity to learn how to drive a clutch. It was really a win-win situation so Latrell gave us the go ahead and we headed down to Florida. Hopefully, we will be able to win this thing for the second year in a row; that would be a great way to end the 2007 season,” said Pfeifer.

Quick Facts
    • Snyder had 2 divisional wins this season.
    • Snyder had back-to-back-to-back Top 10 finishes in the National points standings and Division 3 championships from 2004 to 2006. Snyder finished in 12th place Nationally and 2nd place Divisionally in 2007.
    • The second-generation driver earned his 3rd straight Spitzer Low Qualifier Series Championship earlier this year.
    • The Purdue University graduate represented Division 3 for the second straight year in the Jeg’s All-Star race in Joliet, Illinois earlier this year. He currently sits in 1st place in the 2008 Jeg’s All-Star standings.
    • The 15-year veteran of the sport currently runs the family owned business, Snyder Motorsports, which sells racing parts for Jr. Dragsters and full size race cars, including Lencodrive transmissions. He also is the President of McSnyder Designs.

The Team would like to thank their major sponsors Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels and Seelye – Wright Auto Group and their associate sponsors Autometer, Fatheadz Sunglasses, Hoosier Tires, Lucas Oil, NGK Sparkplugs and Powershield Coatings for their continued support this year.

The Team is owned by Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels. By logging onto www.torcoracefuels.com you can access their full line of innovative products including racing gasoline, additives, and Skull Gear.

The Team would like to send a special thank you out to all the extraordinary men and women overseas who keep help keep us safe everyday. Everything you do is appreciated more than we will ever be able to show you. We hope that each and every one of you come home safely to your friends and family.

Submitted by: Shanna Snyder-Bell
    Contact email address: Brian Pfeifer - torcoman@aol.com

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007