Mia Tedesco to Compete in TAD with Hirata Motorsports

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Feb 3, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Mia Tedesco to Compete in TAD with Hirata Motorsports

Pittsburg, PA: As Mia Tedesco continues her ascent through the NHRA Lucas Oil Series ranks, she’ll add a new category to her resume in 2014. Tedesco, a 20-year-old driver of the recognizable C.A.R.S. Protection Plus backed machines, has earned valuable experience and achieved immense success in Super Comp, Super Gas, Top Dragster, and a multitude of bracket classes and machines. This season, she’ll take her talents to the quickest and fastest NHRA sportsman category: Top Alcohol Dragster.

Tedesco will team with the Hirata family, wheeling their A/Fuel dragster at a limited schedule of 7 NHRA Mello Yello Series events in 2014.

“We’re really excited for Mia to take the next step in her racing career,” expressed Mia’s father and team owner Michael Tedesco. “We’re excited not only about the opportunity to compete in Top Alcohol Dragster, but to do so with quality people like the Hirata family. We’re proud to be a part of their team and we look forward to a great future together.”

While Tedesco, who earned her A/Fuel license last season, is excited about the opportunity, she is also adamant about remaining true to her roots. She will continue to compete in the Super Comp and Super Gas categories throughout the season, and the team will also attend as many big dollar bracket events as possible.

“The Hirata’s have provided me and my family with an incredible opportunity,” expressed Tedesco. “I feel extremely blessed to take the next step in my racing career and to be surrounded with such professional and talented people. At the same time, I’ve had a lot of fun and I’ve learned so much in the ‘super’ and bracket classes over the past few seasons. I feel like I’ve come a long way as a driver, but there is still so much to learn. I don’t want to give that up.”

As a result, Tedesco will drive either her C.A.R.S. Protection Plus backed Super Comp dragster or Super Gas Cavalier in addition to the A/Fuel machine at the NHRA Mello Yello series stops in Gainesville, FL; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Norwalk, OH; the prestigious US Nationals in Indianapolis; NHRA’s second stop in Charlotte, NC; and Reading, PA. At this point, the team has no plans to compete in the TAD category on the regional level, which will allow her to pursue her dream of a Lucas Oil Division Series championship in both Super Comp and Super Gas alongside teammate Jason Lynch.

“Last season I finished 2nd in the NHRA Division 2 points standings with the Super Gas car,” she explained. “My teammate and mentor, Jason Lynch won the championship; so it was pretty cool to finish 1-2 and there is certainly no one that I’d rather come in second to. But getting close down the stretch was a great experience, and it just made me more hungry and determined to accomplish that goal. With our schedule this season, I’ll have another opportunity to chase that dream in both of the ‘super’ classes, so I’m very happy and excited about that.”

While Tedesco has quickly earned a reputation as a force to be reckoned with in the sportsman ranks, she’s also caught the watchful eye of several professional teams, drivers, and owners. Among them, Schumacher Racing owner and NHRA legend Don Schumacher, whose team is also backed by C.A.R.S. Protection Plus:
    “We’re not only thrilled to be affiliated with C.A.R.S. and Michael Tedesco again in 2014 but we also are excited to see how Mia progresses this year in her A Fuel Dragster. That’s a giant step toward getting her into a Top Fuel Dragster and I know that’s hers and her father’s goal.

“She’s proven to be a very good racer. It will be a big adjustment going from Super Comp to A Fuel but I’ve been very impressed with how well she has patiently moved up the ladder. I am definitely looking at her for the future.”

In addition to C.A.R.S. Protection Plus, the Tedesco Racing team will feature backing from We Find Parts, a company that Mia Tedesco started with the help of her father Michael. We Find Parts sells used and aftermarket parts to dealers, service shops, or individual consumers. We Find Parts offers their customers no hassle purchases, as they do all of the research to find the best available part, and offers all parts (including engines, transmission, etc.) with free shipping and a warranty.

Mia Tedesco and Jason Lynch will kick off their 2014 campaign this weekend with the NHRA Division 2 opener in Orlando, FL. Tedesco will make her Top Alcohol Dragster competition debut at the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL March 13-16.