Megan Meyer Wins First Lucas Oil Regional Race

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Mar 24, 2017.

By News Editor on Mar 24, 2017 at 11:57 AM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Megan Meyer, a rising star in the Top Alcohol Dragster category, took home her first Lucas Oil Drag Racing League win at Gainesville Raceway on March 11. This is the first time the Randy Meyer Racing Team won the Southeast Division event.

Megan qualified in the number two position with a 5.239 E.T. at 274 mph. She defeated Jackie Fricke in the opening round of eliminations with a 5.257 at 276 mph, and slowed down to a 5.290 E.T. at 274 mph to take down Mia Tedesco in the semi-finals. Megan was matched up against the number five qualifier, Rich Bourke for the final round. Megan’s car picked up speed and she got the win with a 5.24 E.T. at 276 mph.

“We had an outstanding weekend for our first Lucas Oil Regional race of the year qualifying in the top 2 spots and taking home the win,” Said Meyer. “I was not planning on competing in the race but because my car ran great in testing we decided to enter Thursday night. We had just enough supplies and not enough crew members to run the two cars, but we worked together to make it happen.”

“Once Justin locked in the number 1 position we left his car alone and tried to get my car into the top half. We finally got the second qualifying spot on our third try and we're confident with both cars going into eliminations. Unfortunately Justin's fuel pump shaft broke while trying to start the car for first round, so he was not able to make the run against Josh Hart. But this was a blessing in disguise for us so we could focus on the one car.”

“We had the better car all day and although we lost lane choice going into the finals, we were able to use the cool track conditions to our advantage and get the win. This was an exciting weekend for us as it is my first regional win, our team’s 22nd regional win, and 40th NHRA win.”

The team is very confident in both of their A/Fuel Dragsters going into the NHRA GatorNationals. Qualifying begins Friday and will conclude on Saturday, followed by eliminations.

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Mar 24, 2017.