Line lock needed w/ Lenco drive?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Soldierboy0098, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Hi Does anyone know if I need a line lock for my Lenco drive to prevent creep on the trans brake? Pro mod, roots blown hemi application. Thanks, Trev

2. quickcut

quickcut Member

No,Its controlled by your convertor & rpm or two step

3. sammy christian

yes, car will roll just like a Bruno/lenco, output shaft isn't locked like a glide brake.
    It's not creep, it's the car rolling due to nothing being held except for the input shaft in the convertor drive. Vibration, inertia, a lumpy/non-level starting line or whatever you want to blame it on can make the car roll slightly. You can easily push the car by hand when it's on the transbrake with Bruno or lencodrive.

4. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

No line lock needed.... just rest left foot on the broke pedal when the car leaves it will toss your foot off the pedal , or you can snatch it off yourself. My dragster would roll forward from the exhaust pressure blowing backwards. I just learned to “swap feet” at the hit. Problem solved .

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

It depends on if you have a foot brake or a hand brake. As Jody said if you have a foot brake then you can hold it from rolling. If you only have a hand brake then you don’t have enough hands so I line lock is needed.

6. Soldierboy0098

So until my 3rd arm finally develops (Thanks APG Proving grounds) I just need to keep my fat foot on the pedal until I let go of the magic button. Sweet one less thing I need to buy and wire. Thanks everyone -Trev

7. 1320metalman

1320metalman Member

All converter drive manufacturer's WILL tell u there
    "Drive" is
    NOT DESIGNED TO HOLD UR CAR IN THE BEAMS .
    Will it?
    Yep,
    Will it not?
    Yep,
    Unless,
    If ur car takes a dually to pull it cuz ur rolling resistance is terrible, when measuring it,
    by using a scale like a lenco shift tower,
    & it is so hard to pull the car that u bottom ur scale,
    U prolly dont need a line loc,

But on fast cars w low rolling resistance,
    U either have a line loc, or will intermittently stage diff depths,
    or redlite on rare occasions w/Any brand "Converter drive"
    I.E. Lencodrive, Quick Drive, Bruno,
    NOT A POWERGLIDE OR ROSSLER DEAL
    there not converter drives,

But if using those, increase your electrical circuit resistance in the transbrake 12v wire comm line, or your brake will be slower re-acting,
    Thats off topic but many dont know that tid bit ,

8. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I would put one on, especially if you haven't wired it yet. The less things you have to worry about trying to cut a light the better. Especially given the fact you've never driven pro mod before.

9. blownapex

blownapex Member

both my pro mod cars i have put a line lock on rear brakes and wired into transbrake
    lencodrive
    ive had a lot of consistant .920 60 ft

10. Soldierboy0098

Hi Will, It's already wired but may not be too big of deal to run a line lock. I have my switched trigger wire (Off trans brake) to all of my timers and could splice into that or just put it off the button if it won't prevent the car from going into gear, sounds like the rear brakes are best? Not sure how this will effect fuses based on where I splice it into. I have 4 fuses for my Racepak V-300 SD, Power grid, Trans Brake, Leahy shifter, and 8 Channel, I think the grid and 8 channel are together if I recall. I have no idea what fuse sizes to put in since a lot of these manufacturers will not tell you. Leahy was helpful but I am not sure where my notes ended up Thanks to Hurricane Irma.

Thanks guys,
    Trev

11. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Wow. People use fuses in there car still? Man I don’t think I have one fuse , just lots of spare electronics lol

12. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

I run a Bruno and dont find the need for a line lock , the TB holds it just fine

13. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I would recommend having it wired such a way that it is not on until you are moving forward to pre stage. Makes changing gears easier.